Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the great Motogp races in recent years, back and forth the last couple laps. I was still so nervous after that race, and I wasn't even riding.

3 guys are tied for 1st place right now... you better get your MotoGP tickets now because this is a full on war...this is a fantastic season so far.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Awesome race had to rewind it a few times it was that good. I love how excited those british announcers get cracks me up.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yeah I also like the commentators, they really know their stuff and get into it. What an awesome race. I watched the painfully dull AMA primetime show that I had tivo'd and it honestly put me to sleep. The American announcers are terrible and mispronounce European racers names. If they were real fans of racing they would watch MotoGP and World Superbike and know the riders. Also Doug Polen comes out of retirement to run a race and they make no mention of it, as far as I know because I really did fall asleep.

I despise Lorenzo so you know my motivations. That race is staying on my DVR for the rest of the season. No way I could sleep through this race.

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Yeah I also like the commentators, they really know their stuff and get into it. What an awesome race. I watched the painfully dull AMA primetime show that I had tivo'd and it honestly put me to sleep. The American announcers are terrible and mispronounce European racers names. If they were real fans of racing they would watch MotoGP and World Superbike and know the riders. Also Doug Polen comes out of retirement to run a race and they make no mention of it, as far as I know because I really did fall asleep.

Your right, they didn't say squat about Polen in the race, not once did I hear it and he came in fairly high, better than expected actually. That was at Road America in the wet when Larry Pegram got off to an awesome start, but I think his tires gave up and he lost ground. Not so in the dry the next race.

The American AMA announcers are the worst ever, absolutely. Some others are annoying because they constantly scream, like the guy alongside Steve Parrish in the 01 WSBK season. The one I'm still shaking my head where Ben Bostrom won 5 races in a row. The following year they got rid of that announcer thank god and picked up another screamer, Charlie Cox, he always sounded like he had flem in his throat. I'm getting sick now. He teamed with Steve Parrish for at least a few years if not more and he was so annoying I had to turn down the volume. Parrish can get a little high pitched at times, but hes OK. He does have a knack for building tempo the last lap of a race. The Brits are superior announcers, due to their passion for the sport. As we all know, Europeans love motorcycle racing and motorcycles. Whats wrong with us?

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
I mistook the announcers for lads from down under....Great race !!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Clearly the best race of this season and arguably the best race since Estoril 2006! I watched it live on Motogp.com and then again on Speed! Some men are more than human!:alien:

·
Premium Member
486 Posts

Your right, they didn't say squat about Polen in the race, not once did I hear it and he came in fairly high, better than expected actually. That was at Road America in the wet when Larry Pegram got off to an awesome start, but I think his tires gave up and he lost ground. Not so in the dry the next race.

The American AMA announcers are the worst ever, absolutely. Some others are annoying because they constantly scream, like the guy alongside Steve Parrish in the 01 WSBK season. The one I'm still shaking my head where Ben Bostrom won 5 races in a row. The following year they got rid of that announcer thank god and picked up another screamer, Charlie Cox, he always sounded like he had flem in his throat. I'm getting sick now. He teamed with Steve Parrish for at least a few years if not more and he was so annoying I had to turn down the volume. Parrish can get a little high pitched at times, but hes OK. He does have a knack for building tempo the last lap of a race. The Brits are superior announcers, due to their passion for the sport. As we all know, Europeans love motorcycle racing and motorcycles. Whats wrong with us?
Yeah, I was shocked to see that Polen wasn't mentioned ONCE. In fact, they went so far as to mention just about EVERYONE else surrounding him in the race... I'd go so far as to say it was intentional. Either Polen didn't want to make a big deal of it in case he got lapped, or Russell isn't a fan and refused to talk about him. Either way, it was a shame and a real reflection of just how bad commentating is in the AMA series. And yes, Polen KICKED ASS in that race... almost top 10.

B

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
I think the problem is they taped the voice over stuff much later and already knew that he wasn't a story in the race so they ignored him.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I think the problem is they taped the voice over stuff much later and already knew that he wasn't a story in the race so they ignored him.
Is that really how they do it? They dont announce as its happening? If so I can understand why there is a lack of excitment.

·
Registered
294 Posts
As Valentino said during the press conference: Mamma Mia!!!

That guy is a genius! Hope that Laguna Seca will be as spectacular!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Kinda like Shane Narbonne (unfortunately).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts