Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Would you consider a retro Honda CB1100F?

42K views 47 replies 27 participants last post by  Cesare57 
#1 ·
#5 · (Edited)
...I really don't like the tank design...
Yeah, that's the weak link as far as I'm concerned. I've noticed a lot of cruisers and naked standards are going with even more extremes of that thin, curved tank. Personally, I'd borrow a few styling cues from the early '80s CB900 custom - rounder tank, 4 into 4 shorty megaphone exhausts - while losing the step seat and keeping the standard/sport look of the 1100.

#3 ·
It's not my style, but seeing it in production brings my hopes up ...

... of seeing a CBR110R. This one is worth a kidney. Hope they start manufacturing it.

#8 ·
At one time I drooled over most of the vehicles in the Honda lineup and my first bike was a Honda. Because of the way they really didn't stand behind it when it had problems (for one thing, it blew head gaskets like Imelda Marcos shopped for shoes), I made a vow never to own another Honda.

But I still like many of their bikes. ;)

#16 ·
I think it looks pretty cool.

#18 ·
Beautiful bike! I'm partial to them having owning most of the CB models in my youth. The only Honda I have right now is funnily enough an original CB1100F that was raced in WERA back in the early 80's against some well known individuals. Its pretty much in the same state as you see in the photo but unfortunately hasn't run in sometime. My plan is get it back to its former glory and reunite it with it's racer for at least a couple of laps!

http://theriderfiles.zenfolio.com/p887921216/h5528c8e#h769c823

#22 ·
1979 CBX1000 but it looks like you have later Reverse Comstar wheels and a fork brace. I restored a 79 like yours and sold it to one of the owners at Tim's who you probably know sells CBX parts. I love these models 79-80, and owned five of them over my lifetime. Besides the RC30 it is one of my favourite Hondas.

#23 ·
"Oh Yeah" to the retro CB1100F! I've been following the pictures of this one for some time, and if they would bring it to the U.S., it would get serious consideration from me (as long as I could do it without having to part with something else . . .). The ONLY styling element I'm not wild about are the twin tiny projector headlights; they don't really flow with the otherwise "retro" theme of the bike, but that's not a huge deal.

Would I trade my Sport 1000 for one? NO. But, as stated, I'd add it to the stable at some point if I possibly could.

2006 Ducati ST3s
2006 Ducati Sport 1000 RED
1982 Kawasaki GPz550 stock/mint

#24 ·
There's no way I'd trade my GT for one either, but yeah, if it fit financially I'd go for it. Something about the late '70s\early '80s CBs has always appealed to me, but I've never owned one. But as long as I gotta be a one bike at a time guy, it's gotta be a fast torquey twin!

#25 ·
Looks good in the photos but I think I'll stick with my 1979 Suzuki GS1000. It's the real thing, not a replica. 30 years old but still a great bike!

I'm more of a Suzuki fan anyway. Have never been that into Hondas, although I'm sure they're fine bikes too.

Debby

#26 ·
Looks good in the photos but I think I'll stick with my 1979 Suzuki GS1000. It's the real thing, not a replica. 30 years old but still a great bike!
I'm more of a Suzuki fan anyway. Have never been that into Hondas, although I'm sure they're fine bikes too.
Debby
That's one of the all-time greatest examples of the UJM. The GS1000 was the perfect standard, although the 750 was a really great bike too.

#34 ·
Roomate in college used to have a 79 CB900 custom, that we would keep in basement in winter. When we would have a big bash and it was getting near closing time, I would light the thing up in basement and pull an animal house and smoke the tire up till everyone fled the house to breath, then we would let the tire smoke air out, shut the windows and go to bed.
:yeah:

#44 ·
Yeah K1W1, those are cool bikes. I briefly considered the Guzzi, but yeah, the lack of power dissuaded me. I think one of the guys here got a CB500 Trophy recently. I'd love to have one as a run around town bike.

I think the W650 looks way more retro than the current Triumph Bonnies. Even the front disc is styled to look kinda like a drum brake. I like that the CB and W650 come with a kick start.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.