1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2009/July/jul0209-honda-cb1100f-closer-to-production/?R=EPI-116330

My local dealer says they will only be available in Europe for some reason, but thinks they'd sell great here.

They look pretty sharp IMO, and the ergos look simlar to the GT's, but a little longer and lower.

Could you be tempted?
I don't think I could be tempted with that... the Ducati looks MUCH better! I really don't like the tank design.

·
Registered
309 Posts
It's not my style, but seeing it in production brings my hopes up ...

... of seeing a CBR110R. This one is worth a kidney. Hope they start manufacturing it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It's not my style, but seeing it in production brings my hopes up ...

... of seeing a CBR110R. This one is worth a kidney. Hope they start manufacturing it.
:eek::eek::eek:

That thing is absolutely stunning!

I love that Honda racing color scheme too, I always liked it on these as well:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
...I really don't like the tank design...
Yeah, that's the weak link as far as I'm concerned. I've noticed a lot of cruisers and naked standards are going with even more extremes of that thin, curved tank. Personally, I'd borrow a few styling cues from the early '80s CB900 custom - rounder tank, 4 into 4 shorty megaphone exhausts - while losing the step seat and keeping the standard/sport look of the 1100.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I'm sure it will be a fine bike, but, no, not tempting for me at all. Don't want that bike for all the reasons I don't want a current in-line 4.

As far as the styling, way too "Nighthawk" for me. It's an 80's look, not 70's.

·
Registered
900 Posts
CB1100F's were pretty hot in the 80's. I like the red-white-blue racing version pictured. I would get it. Very reliable bikes with low maintainance. I would have to see some spec on it. If HP weren't over 120, why bother?

·
Registered
208 Posts
At one time I drooled over most of the vehicles in the Honda lineup and my first bike was a Honda. Because of the way they really didn't stand behind it when it had problems (for one thing, it blew head gaskets like Imelda Marcos shopped for shoes), I made a vow never to own another Honda.

But I still like many of their bikes. ;)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Although underpowered, I like the MG styling the best >>>

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
If they would do a true back to the seventies and offer the whole range:

CB400F - CB550F - CB750F - CB900F - CB1100F

I would 99%* for sure get the CB400F

RonB

*there is always that small chance that they don't get it right

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, that's the weak link as far as I'm concerned. I've noticed a lot of cruisers and naked standards are going with even more extremes of that thin, curved tank. Personally, I'd borrow a few styling cues from the early '80s CB900 custom - rounder tank, 4 into 4 shorty megaphone exhausts - while losing the step seat and keeping the standard/sport look of the 1100.

Sharp looking bike. I prefer the CB1000C:

I'm somewhat biased, seeing as how I own the one pictured :D

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sharp looking bike. I prefer the CB1000C:

I'm somewhat biased, seeing as how I own the one pictured :D
Yeah zeeede, I like the 1000's wheels better - same style as my old '83 750 Shadow had.

·
Registered
343 Posts
If they would do a true back to the seventies and offer the whole range:

CB400F - CB550F - CB750F - CB900F - CB1100F

I would 99%* for sure get the CB400F

RonB

*there is always that small chance that they don't get it right
Just bought a CB400F last week. It's always been one of my favorite "small" bikes.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I think it looks pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
stmike said:
Just bought a CB400F last week. It's always been one of my favorite "small" bikes.
1. Congratulations
2. Same here (on the favorite small bike part, not the picking up, unfortunately)
3. She is not in your signature
4. Pictures, we love pictures

RonB

·
Flying Brit
1,809 Posts
Beautiful bike! I'm partial to them having owning most of the CB models in my youth. The only Honda I have right now is funnily enough an original CB1100F that was raced in WERA back in the early 80's against some well known individuals. Its pretty much in the same state as you see in the photo but unfortunately hasn't run in sometime. My plan is get it back to its former glory and reunite it with it's racer for at least a couple of laps!

http://theriderfiles.zenfolio.com/p887921216/h5528c8e#h769c823

·
Registered
343 Posts
1. Congratulations
2. Same here (on the favorite small bike part, not the picking up, unfortunately)
3. She is not in your signature
4. Pictures, we love pictures

RonB
1. Thanks.
2. Great minds think alike.
3. Is now.
4. Can never figure out how to on this website.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts