Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an opportunity to pick up a demo hyper here in Japan for around $11K. New are going for $17,000+. It's got around 1500 miles on it and no visable issues.

If the price was right (maybe with some free accessories), would you buy a demo bike?

Dana

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wow. That's a lot of demo miles. Normally I'd say go for it. A demo has generally had a really good break-in. Lots of shorter rides and associated heat cycles.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yep.....+ the warranty goes in affect when you go out the door :D , sounds like a deal!

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
I bought a demo, with Termi slip-on, for less than that. Plus, it only had 670 miles on it. Keep looking...

·
Registered
377 Posts
That's a big break $6,000. Kind of hard to overlook it. If there's a concern you could always buy the everred warranty and you're covered.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
NO...........I would not like to buy a bike that I have "demoed" :p remember its not my bike, or my friends, so I do not give a sh*t about it, so I may do bad things to it, :D and so will "other" people. IMHO Alex

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought my S2R as a demo, got a smoking deal on it.... it was almost half, however there was 4000+ kms on it.

Have the extended warranty, havent had any problems... knock on wood!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I would buy a demo If it had the full warranty left. I would also try to get an exhaust out of the deal. I don't know if there are alot of Hyper's in Japan but I bet you could save more money if you go used and get a extended warranty. Good luck

·
Registered
662 Posts
Demo Ducatis can be good deals and this one sounds like a very good price. It's already been said, but the warranty doesn't start until the bike is sold. My experience with demos has been all positive. If you wind up with a bike that has problems, you have two full years to work those out on warranty.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's advertised as an S model (in fact, I think all that is available here in Japan are S models).

My first gut feeling is with 08hyper. I've ridden demo's, and haven't been all that easy on them. But I also think the warrany and perhaps saddling up with the Ever-Red program paves the way if there are issues.

Thanks for the replies!

Dana

1 - 15 of 15 Posts