Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody experience this? Noticed the lower cable from the throttle assembly is worn through the outer plastic. Would some electrical tape work as a temporary fix till I can get the cable replaced this spring? I noticed the dash has a small indent where the cable is supposed to rest but seems like kind of a poor design to me...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
That has been problem for several SF owners on the forum. It's a bit of a design flaw. When my SFS was almost brand new I installed a piece of wire loom wrap in that area before any wear started on the throttle cables or on the dash. Ducati never made a recall to properly fix the issue. They did replace some throttle cables under warranty. If you get a warranty replacement I would suggest putting some wire loom wrap in that area because the wear spot on the cable and the dash surround will happen again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just saw your earlier posts about this issue...will do what you suggest and thanks for your help. I bought the bike used (its a 2010) so no warrenty.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
You can also try to adjust the cables in their holders along the run behind the headlight and dash to try and make them lay flat against the dash. This can help with clearance in that area.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My throttle cable was replaced on warranty. They also put a thick rubber cable tie thing at that spot and it has worked for 1.5 years just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts