Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I checked my clutch plates on the weekend and at 2.9mm it looks like I need new ones. I was inpecting the pressure plate and noticed that there was light showing through part of the base of the spring seats. There still seems to be plenty of material there, but is this a sign of trouble, or does the pressure plate need replacing? See attached photo.

At the moment I'm saving for a trip to Europe, so although I'd love to bling up the bike with an anodized pressure plate, I'd rather keep mine if it is OK, and save the money for some nice Dainese gear in Italy.

Thanks in advance.

cheers,

neil.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
Hi Guys,

I checked my clutch plates on the weekend and at 2.9mm it looks like I need new ones. I was inpecting the pressure plate and noticed that there was light showing through part of the base of the spring seats. There still seems to be plenty of material there, but is this a sign of trouble, or does the pressure plate need replacing? See attached photo.

At the moment I'm saving for a trip to Europe, so although I'd love to bling up the bike with an anodized pressure plate, I'd rather keep mine if it is OK, and save the money for some nice Dainese gear in Italy.

Thanks in advance.

cheers,

neil.
No, Husband doesn't like this. Says to get a new one. Sorry!!:(

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys and girl!

Taking your sage advice, I'll have a bet each way - use the old one for the moment but keep an eye out for somethig nice in Europe - my wife will sure as hell be shopping so why shouldn't I? :D

Thanks again.

Cheers,

neil.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks guys and girl!

Taking your sage advice, I'll have a bet each way - use the old one for the moment but keep an eye out for somethig nice in Europe - my wife will sure as hell be shopping so why shouldn't I? :D

Thanks again.

Cheers,

neil.
there you go!!! I think you just refound your man-balls

1 - 7 of 7 Posts