Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled from her facebook profile & official Ben Spies fan club. Ben is Talented but she doesn't know what the heck she is talking about.

"Here is my personal opinion. We have fast motorcycle racers. We have good motorcycle racers. We have racers that crash alot but still bring in great results. We have talented riders. (those that ride with a plan and ride fast) we have racers that can build a bike and ride the bike ..to a point. We have racers that can get on the same bike and one can ride it better than the other. We have two in my lifetime of the past 20 years that built their bikes and got championships and in my mind I clearly feel they had fast bikes but were NOT the best or most talented rider. It was simply timing. There was no competition only because they were on the fastest bike not actually the better rider. One is retired and one should be retired. Have a nice day."

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
So she's saying Rossi is a not so talented has been, and one can assume that by saying this. Rossi kinda forced Ben's ride away. Well that's what I read into it anyway.

Who's the other not so great racing champ she's talking about?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
man... that is one of the most passive aggressive collection of words that I have read in a long while...

If I was to guess as to who the two are?

I would say, the retired racer is Robert's Jr... or Alex Creville...
The one that should retire perhaps is Hayden...

I could be wrong, perhaps it may be Rossi that she was talking about, but I am thinking about the "American" needed in the big class.. and who that is "active" that many think won the title while not being the fastest of that season.. and that would be Hayden in '06... If Hayden retired, then perhaps Spies would be more desired for the American market.

As far as Mrs. Spies meaning Rossi? One title with little competition.. yep.. maybe...
But 9?... and '08 and '09 had some great racers against Rossi... She would be nuts to consider Rossi only won 9 titles based on timing... a couple of them perhaps, like some of Doohan's in '97 and '98... but I thought that Rossi earned a couple good one's in '08 and '09...

I am curious, but we will probably never know for sure...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
who cares what she's talking about...

She's Ben Spies' freaking mom.

That's like giving a shit about what that fatso Uccio has to say about anything.

HAHAHAHA good point

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts

She's Ben Spies' freaking mom
(and manager. He resigned with, to put it mildly, little dignity, from the premier class).

That's like giving a shit about what that fatso Uccio has to say about anything. His bud hasn't decided yet and the two wheeled world seems obsessed on his every move. He rode a Harley, don't you know. If Uccio has any insight, we must care.
I can see why women (no offense intended) are hooked on soap operas.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if Ben was still sucking on his mommie's tit. He's probably crying to her now.....it also wouldn't surprise me if "she" was 1 of the reasons Ben got the boot. Talk about an over-bearing parent.

·
Registered
410 Posts

She's Ben Spies' freaking mom.

That's like giving a shit about what that fatso Uccio has to say about anything.
Fucking hilarious.

·
Banned
152 Posts
Mommy!!!

What did your mom do for your motorcycle hobby or career?

Mine gave me a grand and said "here, go get your damn Ducati!" (seriously!)
:D

·
Registered
462 Posts
Her stupid comments aside, I think Ben's fortunate that he can deal with someone he trusts and can have her around. She looks out for her kid, that's what mom's are supposed to do, no matter how old the kid is. When she's gone, I'll bet he's grateful for every minute. My .02

Jeff

·
Registered
772 Posts
She's talking about Mladin
+1

The argument has been made before.

He and Gobert had an epic battle for the Aus SBK title.

He flunked out of Cagiva GP team.

Ended up on a Suzuki in AMA, spent one year on it. (96?)

Went to a Ducati 955. He had a few wins and was a title threat on it. Many riders at the time thought it was his Michelins and some of the Ferracci "magic."

Three AMA titles on the Suzuki. 2001 was probably the closest to a heads-up fight he had before Spies came along. EBoz was the guy who took it to him, but made too many mistakes over the year. Hayden had a horrible first half, and then went on a tear at the end of the season taking points off everybody (who else remembers that epic drag race to the line against Kurtis Roberts in Brainerd? Come to think of it....EBoz and Kurtis had a similar battle that same weekend on the 600s). And then Willow Springs got cancelled after 9/11.

2003....the GSX-R1000 wiped the floor with everybody else.

2004-05, Honda started getting their act together again. Championship challenge by committee with Duhamel, Roberts, and Zemke only helped Mladin. Spies got his first win after a Mladin crash in 05 (I think that's how I remember it).

2006, Spies figured it out. Won 07 going away. Won 08 after fishy DQ for Mladin at Road Atlanta.

2009, won a load of races, but got beat a couple times by Hayden, Hayes, and Pegram(!). Stopped caring because of the sanctioning body's meddling with the series.

He put together a solid national career with one hell of a team behind him. It took a whole lot to rattle him, but more often than not, he had the best equipment due to the work he put in with that team to develop it. And traction control (allegedly!). You decide where the asterisks belong.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Her stupid comments aside, I think Ben's fortunate that he can deal with someone he trusts and can have her around. She looks out for her kid, that's what mom's are supposed to do, no matter how old the kid is. When she's gone, I'll bet he's grateful for every minute. My .02

Jeff
I guess in your view it would be OK if Ben still slept with his mommy at night...I mean she seems like a glory gofer or something. When Ben was in AMA all you saw was shots of his mom in the pits, next to him on the podium, everywhere a photo was to be had. Do you think that there weren't other parents around there sons at the track too. Sure there were, but you didn't see them in every shot with their kid.
I can't put my finger on it but there's something about the way Ben carries himself when compared to his peers....

·
Registered
462 Posts
I guess in your view it would be OK if Ben still slept with his mommy at night...I mean she seems like a glory gofer or something. When Ben was in AMA all you saw was shots of his mom in the pits, next to him on the podium, everywhere a photo was to be had. Do you think that there weren't other parents around there sons at the track too. Sure there were, but you didn't see them in every shot with their kid.
I can't put my finger on it but there's something about the way Ben carries himself when compared to his peers....
That's an asinine thing to say and nothing in my comment suggested such a viewpoint. Nobody complains about the Hayden clan being so close or Earl being on camera so much. Right, because that would be a stupid thing to complain about. Hopefully Spies doesn't lose any sleep over this...

Sorry I even brought it up.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
That's an asinine thing to say and nothing in my comment suggested such a viewpoint. Nobody complains about the Hayden clan being so close or Earl being on camera so much. Right, because that would be a stupid thing to complain about. Hopefully Spies doesn't lose any sleep over this...

Sorry I even brought it up.
I apologize Jeff I should have placed a "smiley face" there.....I think you took what I said out of context...I didn't mean "sleeping" (sex) with mom, just for "comfort"....so don't get upset.
To bring up Earl ( he nearly ran me over in his cart 3 yrs ago at NJMP. I got a kick out of our very short conversation, he's a regular guy) is a decent point but Earl is the father of 3 very successful racing sons. Rarely if at all do you see him have anything to say about his sons or the sport in general. In fact I can't recall him ever doing anything remotely like Spies' mother. And you don't see Earl hanging around his sons when they are interviewed to get TV time....he shuns the spot light.
It's rumored that Spies and ( his mother:D) are going to BMW in 2013.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I apologize Jeff I should have placed a "smiley face" there.....I think you took what I said out of context...I didn't mean "sleeping" (sex) with mom, just for "comfort"....so don't get upset.
To bring up Earl ( he nearly ran me over in his cart 3 yrs ago at NJMP. I got a kick out of our very short conversation, he's a regular guy) is a decent point but Earl is the father of 3 very successful racing sons. Rarely if at all do you see him have anything to say about his sons or the sport in general. In fact I can't recall him ever doing anything remotely like Spies' mother. And you don't see Earl hanging around his sons when they are interviewed to get TV time....he shuns the spot light.
It's rumored that Spies and ( his mother:D) are going to BMW in 2013.
No worries. Surprising how easy it is to get riled up on the internets (quietly puts bobcat back in it's cage). Have a good one.

Regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It wouldn't surprise me if Ben was still sucking on his mommie's tit. He's probably crying to her now.....it also wouldn't surprise me if "she" was 1 of the reasons Ben got the boot. Talk about an over-bearing parent.

Could be some truth to this apparently she has no issue with trying to run through the pits ordering everyone around I hear. Mladin also mentioned it in an interview. Motorcycle Racer Interview: Mat Mladin

"Oh listen, Ben and I come from two different sides of the railway tracks," Mladin explained. "It's a little bit different in the sense that I left school early to go to work and earn a living and done a bit of different stuff there. When you get a lady like his mother who steps in and tries to put a foot down in a team that she really has nothing to do with, that type of thing doesn't sit well with me. I've worked hard to get this team to where it is and I've brought some really good people in and have been a big part of the Yoshimura Suzuki turnaround over the past ten years.

"I'm not going to let someone come in and treat it like kid's minibike racing and turn it into a mess. The way that team runs now and the results we've gotten over the years has been a proud moment for me -- seeing that happen as we've won six-championships. I'm not going to just see it get peed down the drain because some people don't understand it's professional racing."

1 - 20 of 34 Posts