Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bobaganoosh
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Gloxsters Multi. Just got home to LA from Sac via Hwy 1, 640 miles in 2 days. I will post up pics and a detail of the ride....Right now I am exhausted. Time for hot tub, my friend Jack and some Motrin.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Dang dude...one of you guys should have posted something. We could have put together a dinner real quick!!

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
I bought Gloxsters Multi. Just got home to LA from Sac via Hwy 1, 640 miles in 2 days. I will post up pics and a detail of the ride....Right now I am exhausted. Time for hot tub, my friend Jack and some Motrin.
Congrats on the new bike, its great you got his S model. BTW, I read the statistic you have in your signature. That is embarassing but after all the crap that has been going down recently I'm not surprised. Many of those ignorants think dinosaurs played with cavemen despite the fossil record and scientific fact. Man, something is really wrong with this country in view of that, my guess its the bible belt in the South.

·
Bobaganoosh
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a total of 640 miles, most along Hwy 1...:D not 1,640. Here is a pic from the ride, I forgot my camera and only had my Blackberry. I will try and put together a post of the ride in Ride Reports.

Hwy 1 - Big Sur - I had wide open road was able to blast through lots of corners. I was all smiles!

So far I love the bike! It handles so much different than my SBK's. It has great power and love the sound. The seat I need to change, may ride up to Corbin in Hollister, I hear they have a custom seat build, where they work on your seat, let you ride it, come back and make adjustments. Being 6'4" I found a good change for my butt was to plant it up on the passenger seat for a change. It worked good! Windscreen did a terrible job, On the fwy cruising at 80'ish I was getting 50 mpg! I am happy with that! I need to do some tuning and Dyno time to get the Remus pipes working right. The just have no back pressure, I get a constant pop and crack on decel. I also stopped in a SB Ducati and got the suspension tuned since the Ohlins wasn't impressing me. It helped, I am still not completely blown away with the setup. This is my first Ohlins bike and I expected a lot more. The rear spring need to be changed. I have it maxed out.

I need some bags for it. I am wanting to get the Strada Avventurosa setup with Pelican cases. Maybe a GPS set up one day.

I stopped in SLO for the night, I couldnt ride in the fog and cold any further. I didnt want to leave her outside in the cold, so she slept inside with me! :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congrats to you. I had already purchased that bike and then he sold it out from under me to you three days after he told me it was mine. Doesn't matter now though, I just picked up a 2005 S version in black with Termis and only 2800 original miles for the exact same price. That's right, 2800 miles. (enter happy dance) You are happy and things worked out for me. Welcome to the club, enjoy the ride. I know I'll be enjoying mine.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,715 Posts
congrats on the Multi, they're truly great bikes. i love the motel/lodge room shot, very adventure traveler like.

regarding your suspension; i've never heard of any real complaints related to the Ohlins setup on that bike. you mention that you are 6'4 and are maxed out on the rear shock spring. perhaps the fork springs need to be changed out as well?

take care and have fun with your new ride.

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
It was a total of 640 miles, most along Hwy 1...:D not 1,640.
DOH! :eek:

If you max'd the preload, it's time for a new spring. I'm not a big fan of Corbin seats, had one on my Ducati 750 Sport weighed ton, and not very comfortable to boot. I've had two Sargents seats since, one on my `04 Multi. A huge improvement in comfort and very well made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts