Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed woodcraft rearsets on my 848evo and have been having trouble with my rear brake It boiled up because there wasnt enough free play in the lever. I took it to the shop and they replaced the master and and got everything set up how it should be. Less than two miles later the brakes are boiling again and i hadnt even touched them. The only thing that the mechanic can think if is that the oem pushrod doesnt fit the new pedal. Anyone have any experience here?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I don't think your mechanic understands it, either. There are two adjustments to consider here. The first is to position the pedal, and is usually done by adjusting the rod between the pedal and the master. The second one is usually a screw and locknut that adjusts the free play. Start by unlocking this one and backing off the adjustment fully. Then go to the position adjuster and set the pedal position to suit your riding position. Now go to the second one and adjust it so there's just a little free play between it and the master cylinder piston. You should be able to move the pedal about 3/16" before the piston starts to move.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts