Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Have the TPS reset by the dealer or get the software to do it yourself. The ECU needs to know the proper throttle position. If it's getting a reading that's off it can mess things up at all different throttle openings.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Do you know more about the bike. Does it have the DP race ECU? Has the stock or race ECU been re flashed? If the ECU has been re flashed in any way it could have a bad re flash or a bad map. This is just a guess. Do you know if the bike is still using the O2 sensors? If it is the transition from closed loop to open loop occurs at 5000 to 6000 rpm.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm, thx will check into that. Previous owner had a minor mishap on bike and dealer installed slip-on Termi's instead of waiting for OEM replacements. He never rode the bike again, so didn't know that something was off. My first though was that they put pipes on the bike, but no ECU swap. The Termi slip-ons all come with ECU correct?

It says SF racing on the new dash, so that means it's got different ECU right?

Anyway, will check into the TPS stuff, but seems odd that this all surfaced after the Termi installation.

I wonder if because the bike tipped over the impact screwed up the TPS?

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
You have the race ECU if the dash says SF racing. Just because you have the race ECU doesn't mean you have the bike mapped the best but it shouldn't stumble as bad as yours is. Both the stock ECU or the race ECU can be re flashed. The fuel filter should be fine but it's another possibility.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
It looks to me that the O2 sensors are there.
Often if the O2 sensors have been turned off they're still left in place. On ocassion they're taken out and the bungs have plugs screwed in. If they've been turned off the ECM has been sent out for re flashing. Most dealers don't do this. Does the bike also have a piggy back system like a PC5 or a Bazzaz FI unit? It it does and it has a bad map or is outright faulty it can cause big problems. The connection on those units can also cause issues.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From what I was told by previous owner, bike was bone stock, then tipped over and instead of waiting for OEM exhaust, dealership installed Termi slip on's. He was not aware of the bike having anything else added.....if fact he couldn't even answer whether or not the dealership did anything with the stock ECU

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Can you contact the dealer that did the work? I would still start with a TPS reset. The dealer should of already done this when they installed the race ECU. Doing this reset is done on occasion even on bikes that are running fine.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I'm surprised he doesn't have a cell thrown if it's running as bad as he has reported. The check engine light doesn't always turn on when there's a problem though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.