Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

wondering what its worth

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  curveman99 
#1 ·
My brother in law is in South Africa, and was gifted a near showroom condition 1996 750SS. No mods, 4000km. He's curious how much it is worth here in the USA. Apparently it sat there for 20 years, garaged, and with just a new battery it cranked right up and runs fine. He's lucky like that.

Anyway, anyone mind saying what they think it would go for?

Thanks.

#2 ·
less than a like-vintage 900SS and probably less than the cost to ship it here. do a search of the bike classifieds here, on ebay, and elsewhere for mid-90's 900SS.

#9 ·
Oops. Not sure what happened there. :)

I'm not actually buying it, but this is all good info, thank you. By the way, a friend of his down there gave him a new BMW 1200 S to ride for a month. He says its a great bike, but mostly he just whines about how it is just not ALIVE like his 750, and other ducatista nonsense. :)

#6 ·
My brother in law is in South Africa, and was gifted a near showroom condition 1996 750SS. No mods, 4000km. He's curious how much it is worth here in the USA.......
Not as much as he would get almost anywhere else (SA, Europe, Australia), especially since it's the 750SS. I'd say $4500 if it's gone through and running right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.