Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to join the forum and look forward to learning more about the whole ownership experience. I ride a 2012 Monster 1100 EVO and love it. Just finished a week in the smoky mountains of Tennessee and N. Carolina with my 1199 riding husband. I'd love to meet other women riders so please let me know if you are out there. Ride Safe!

·
Administrator
12,897 Posts
Keep an eye out for "Focker" here. She is my wife and a passionate rider.

PS - Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks Scott, I'll add her to my friends and try to connect.

·
Temporary greeter
23,088 Posts
We are actively working on getting Scott and Focker out to the East Coast Meet next year, so hopefully we all will get to meet them. :D

(assuming that DucChick will be attending with Chuck and The Lumox) :D

·
Administrator
12,897 Posts
If we can avoid taking a spring scuba diving trip then the ECM will be in our travel plans. ;)

·
BigWheel Test Pilot
11 Posts
Glad to join the forum and look forward to learning more about the whole ownership experience. I ride a 2012 Monster 1100 EVO and love it. Just finished a week in the smoky mountains of Tennessee and N. Carolina with my 1199 riding husband. I'd love to meet other women riders so please let me know if you are out there. Ride Safe!
Greetings from another SE rider of the female persuasion! I just bought Ducati No. 2 for me, a yellow 996. (And we're doing work on it already... :rolleyes:). Also have some other bikes - have been riding quite awhile. And like you, my husband also rides - when I can talk him into it. ;)

If you're passing thru N. Georgia again, look me up. We're NW of Atlanta. Hope your ride up in the Smokies was most excellent - there's a dizzying array of good riding roads up around there!

Cheers & ride safe!

-BMT (tamara meier)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nw georgia

Hi Tamara,

WE stopped in Woodstock on our way up and back as my in laws live there. Where do you live? Will you be attending the East Coast Meet in Fontana. I'd love to go, but would prefer to have a few other female riders along. Don't know if you are on FB, but I started a group page for women riders to connect. I'll look you up and suggest the connection. Hope to meet in person....until then, ride safe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dive Trip

Scott,
There's only on EC meet a year and you can always dive in the summer:)
Hope you two will plan to come. Keep us all posted.

·
BigWheel Test Pilot
11 Posts
Hi Tamara,

WE stopped in Woodstock on our way up and back as my in laws live there. Where do you live? Will you be attending the East Coast Meet in Fontana. I'd love to go, but would prefer to have a few other female riders along. Don't know if you are on FB, but I started a group page for women riders to connect. I'll look you up and suggest the connection. Hope to meet in person....until then, ride safe.
We live just east of "old" downtown Woodstock, on a little farmette. Definitely look us up next time you're through here!

And - I'm just getting back into the Ducati loop after a number of years Duc-less (sad, sad years - but getting better now!). When is the EC meet? I have another lady friend who recently got a monster - we may both be up for that meet, depending on timing. Always great to have an excuse to head up that direction, as if anyone really needs an excuse to ride the N. GA / TN mtns!

-BMT

·
Premium Member
12,385 Posts
Bring the gear and dive the Fontana Dam!!!
Simple....

Oh yeah Welcome !!!:cool:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Girls at ECM!!! :eek: That's unheard of!! :p

That's great. I dont think we had any this year right? Except for the poor waitresses... I have a feeling BigMeanTam is gonna make us "fast guys" eat a little bit of humble pie.. hmm :D

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Hi DucChick,

Scott had mentioned you a few days ago and how you are looking for other girls that ride. Unfortunately I am all the way on the West coast but love to ride and like Scott said, I am very passionate about it. Other than scuba diving, motorcycles is my all time favorite hobby. We just may have to book now for the ECM 2013 to make sure we don't have any excuse not to make it :) Maybe you can fly out here for our annual WCM next year too. If you have not been to the west coast before, you will be in for a big treat. The roads here are amazing and like nothing else. We just had our annual WCM in Cambria, CA. It was an awesome ride.

It is good to meet you, even if it is between computer screens and hopefully we can meet face to face sometime (hopefully ECM 2013).

Have a great day!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
BigMeanTam,
There is a link above in Wonway's post to link up to the ECM site. It's in May and I'm in if any other girls decide to go. Hope your friend comes, too. I ride a 2012 Evo 1100.

Focker,
Riding out west sounds great, but you are right about the distance. We were out in San Fran area for 6 months 10 years ago, but unfortunately driving a 40" RV and a Volvo are nothing like riding a Ducati. California has such diverse terrain and we Floridians just have to covet (and plan vacations to other states). It would be great to see you at the ECM. Hope to see you and lots of other gals this coming May.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello to you and yours from an Aussie :)
My sisters both have singles.
I've personally looked after lots of womens machinery over the years.
Mainly heavy hawgs but any lady on two wheels is better for us old farts lol.
Ducs are heaps safer for everyone too.
Take care out there!
CheerZ!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts