Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Minimum, about 5 grand. I take delivery of my Streetfighter this coming May, and was putting down a list of what I might want installed (comfort seat and DMS most likely) and thought I'd have a look at the exhaust options. Yep, I'll be waiting for the aftermarket so I can go ahead and void my warranty straight away, same as I did when Termi came out with a decat-option for my SuperSport. Maybe I'll just ride around with a boombox on my shoulders.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Minimum, about 5 grand. I take delivery of my Streetfighter this coming May, and was putting down a list of what I might want installed (comfort seat and DMS most likely) and thought I'd have a look at the exhaust options. Yep, I'll be waiting for the aftermarket so I can go ahead and void my warranty straight away, same as I did when Termi came out with a decat-option for my SuperSport. Maybe I'll just ride around with a boombox on my shoulders.
Most aftermarket will probably just sell what they currently sell for the Panigale V4, so nothing cheap or particularly good looking.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most aftermarket will probably just sell what they currently sell for the Panigale V4, so nothing cheap or particularly good looking.
I'll likely keep it stock. I bumped into a guy with a V4 with the factory Ankra over the summer, and I have to say that the sound of the V4 isn't anywhere near as pleasant as our twins are. I think keeping it quiet might not be the worst thing in the world.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That's good to know! I'm fairly tall (about 6'2") so the idea of a pad that's 20 mm taller sounds as nice for my knees as it does for my butt.
I'm also 6'2" with around a 34" inseam. I found the seating position on the SF V4 to be very natural and roomy. Even the bar position seemed pretty natural. I'm fairly sensitive to riding and driving positions. The S1000R felt wrong right away and two test rides didn't change my mind. The Speed Triple fits me well. The Monster 1200 does not. As soon as I sat on the Sf V4, I felt immediately at home.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm also 6'2" with around a 34" inseam. I found the seating position on the SF V4 to be very natural and roomy. Even the bar position seemed pretty natural. I'm fairly sensitive to riding and driving positions. The S1000R felt wrong right away and two test rides didn't change my mind. The Speed Triple fits me well. The Monster 1200 does not. As soon as I sat on the Sf V4, I felt immediately at home.
Interesting, would you say the SFV4 has a more aggressive seating position than the monster, in general how would compare the two seating positions

·
Registered
101 Posts
Interesting, would you say the SFV4 has a more aggressive seating position than the monster, in general how would compare the two seating positions
Admittedly I am only basing this on sitting on the SF versus actually riding the M1200S. The seating position on the SF felt noticeably more aggressive. The bars are lower and closer to the same plane as the seat compared to the Monster. You aren't leaning that far forward on either bike but I always felt I was reaching up on the Monster whereas the SF felt more like just reaching forward. The pegs are a little farther back than on the Monster but the SF pegs still felt pretty natural. If you prefer a sportbike stance, you'll want rearsets.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is weird how different bikes fit different body proportions. My Supersport is less comfortable to me than my CBR600, but usually it's only my butt that causes my discomfort. I think the riding position of the V4 you describe sounds really promising, especially with a comfort seat and it's additional 20 mm of padding. that's pretty substantial, and should stretch the riders triangle a tad as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts