Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently trying to use TunerPro to open up .bin files taken from the 16m eeproms for a 1997 750S Laverda, but I can't find an xdf file to suit.

So, I figure that some of you Ducati experts would be able to make some recommendations, as the earlier Ducati's used a 16M and may not be that much different in the bin/xdf files.

I do have a 916, and a 999, in the shed, so once I work out the Laverdas I'll be looking at them as well.

Regards, Greg

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
I'm currently trying to use TunerPro to open up .bin files taken from the 16m eeproms for a 1997 750S Laverda, but I can't find an xdf file to suit.

So, I figure that some of you Ducati experts would be able to make some recommendations, as the earlier Ducati's used a 16M and may not be that much different in the bin/xdf files.

I do have a 916, and a 999, in the shed, so once I work out the Laverdas I'll be looking at them as well.

Regards, Greg
Some more info that you may not be aware of.

You cannot rewrite/flash to the 16M ECU as it has an EPROM, not an EEPROM.

I am certainly no expert but I have learnt and the obligatory in my opinion is that Ducati and their use of Marelli ECUs to me is very strange and lacking consistency.

15M, 59M, 5AM and later can be written to/flashed.
Refer to my previous post about MV as I recollect that has more info.
Here is another option that you may wish to check out.
Jefferies MyECU

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You cannot rewrite/flash to the 16M ECU as it has an EPROM, not an EEPROM.

Jefferies MyECU
I have purchased an EPROM reader and have downloaded the .bin and .hex files from about 5 chips that I have. The .xdf file is an overlay mask file that allows the .bin (binary) to be read and adjusted in TunerPro. Once adjusted and saved back to another .bin the reader I have can write it back to a blank chip. The ultraviolet light, which I don't have, only blanks chips so they can be reused. Chips are cheap.

At least that is my understanding.

I have opened a .bin from my Laverda in Tunerpro with a "6E" overlay file, but all the labels ect are wrong. eg, 4, 6 or 8 cylinder....

I have registered for the MV site, but haven't had time to follow through. While there is 37 pages of chat, it is difficult to pin down exactly the software, and where it is located, that they are talking about.

Still researching and learning about all this.

Regards, Greg

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
I have purchased an EPROM reader and have downloaded the .bin and .hex files from about 5 chips that I have. The .xdf file is an overlay mask file that allows the .bin (binary) to be read and adjusted in TunerPro. Once adjusted and saved back to another .bin the reader I have can write it back to a blank chip. The ultraviolet light, which I don't have, only blanks chips so they can be reused. Chips are cheap.
Just wanted to flag that 16M owners can't plug in from an external diagnostic port and flash the ECU as with the 15M, 59M, 5AM etc.
Good luck and hope a solution is somewhere in the 37 pages!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts