Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what protocol the diagnostic port on a Weber Marelli 16 conforms to?

I'm trying to connect an Innnovate LM2 Datalogger which can connect to ISO 157650 (CAN), J1850PWM, J1850VPW, ISO 9141, ISO 14230 (KWP2000) .

I don't know if I have a mismatched protocol, or if there is something else the matter.

Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi, The 16M ECU uses a special Marelli protocol. The Innovate LM2 datalogger will not be able to connect.
BR

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, The 16M ECU uses a special Marelli protocol. The Innovate LM2 datalogger will not be able to connect.
BR
Thanks for the response! I only just found this today. I suspected something like that....
Have you had any experience connecting a WM16M to an Ostrich 2 emulator and then to TunerPro RT? Or the 16M direct to TunerPro RT?

Regards, Greg

·
Registered
107 Posts
It is possible to connect the Emulator to the Tunerpro. And use it for the 16M ecu.
You can also write a adx in Tunerpro to Connect to the 16M ecu.
However the communication is slow due to the question - reply procedure.
And a laptop is bulky to bring on a drive.
The old type of Innovate LM-1 with a additonal lc-1 and Lma? for rpm & tps did the job back in the days.
What is the purpose?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Purpose? There is not anyone we know of in Australia that can re map these bikes, and we cant find anyone that has experience with tunerpro with these bikes, nor can we find xdf or adx files.
Ive 2 of 1997 750S of my own, plus about another 4of here in Australia ive been asked to help owners with, plus the lads in the uk.

We also have the 2nd original factory race bike we are trying to put back on the track.

Ive been trying to work out all the connection stuff. Ive managed to edit a .bin and write to another chip. I paid a 3rd party to write an xdf file, but i dont have and cant find an adx file, so am trying to work out how to write my own. but as you say, marelli has its own set of instruction codes i cant find.

What i want to do is to be able to data log against afr and edit. When i achieve that it will be a major step forward.

i havent been able to connect live either to the ecu direct, or through the ostricj 2 to data log, but am slowly working through the tunerpro help files.

Another issue is the tps setting. I set at what i think the oem setup should be (0.150v at baseline), but when i hand record tps degrees vs degrees advance vs rpm vs pulse duration it just does not correlate with the oem mapping. And it runs like ship. Ive been using guzzi diag for this, and im wondering if it is programmed for the correct addresses to suit the laverda. The Co2 trimpot readout stays fixed on 128....

It seems the people on the forums that have the knowledge dont help, i guess for their own reasons, and the rest cant.

Very very frustrating.

Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi again,
I am not really sure that there are so many around that have Laverda 750 S knowledge.
For the Ducati s with 16M ECU there are a list of different Diag s/w that have worked, both ScanST, ScanM16 USB, Ducatidiag, JPDiag and IAWDiag.
And there have also been around a couple of different eprom editors or xdf.
But they would probably not work for the Laverda eprom.
MVAgusta also have had 16M Ecu and there are also a 16M Diagnostic software.

Sent you an PM to see if we can sort something out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts