Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been nearly a week and the itch is getting worse. I can't stop thinking about her, and all that open road. Just back from an epic trip that took us across 10 states and many happy miles, but now for the first time in well over a decade I'm left without a bike. Shipped her home from New Orleans, but there was a bit of rough weather in Texas so I wait. I play back the go pro video from Deals Gap, Natchez Trace, Blue Ridge. Not sure if it's helping or hurting. All my dreams are echo's from the ride. I can't imagine how my fellow riders in the cold north survive winter unless they have snowmobiles to satiate the cravings.

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s
407 Posts
what I do is own more than one bike ..... I can almost always find stuff to improve , fix , service through the dark months .... still I often wonder why my ancestors stopped where they did , knowing there was warmer places due south ..... then again I suppose no one to blame but myself as I chose to stay! ..... I guess all in , glad I did , while it is a short season we try and get as much seat time as possible from April to Halloween or sometimes longer .... no snow machine for me , too dangerous .....
Craig

Reactions: beemerboy

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,628 Posts
If you've ever ripped some GS turns on a finely tuned pair of downhill skis you would have an equivalent experience of riding your bike through some great esses...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where can the rest of us view said gopro footage?
I got a GoPro hero 5 for this trip, and recorded many hours of footage. Still trying to get it all edited, which is taking a good long while.
Working with Quick/Splice/Imovie as platforms right now as this trip is also being made into a travel documentary (Duc'umentary?) for the fashion company my wife writes for.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
If you've ever ripped some GS turns on a finely tuned pair of downhill skis you would have an equivalent experience of riding your bike through some great esses...

Amen, brother! And THAT is how is how I get through the winter. By the way, I ski Volkl's.

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
I got a GoPro hero 5 for this trip, and recorded many hours of footage. Still trying to get it all edited, which is taking a good long while.
Working with Quick/Splice/Imovie as platforms right now as this trip is also being made into a travel documentary (Duc'umentary?) for the fashion company my wife writes for.
Did iMovie ever get to where it can export in 1080 @ 60 frames per second? I've been using Adobe Premier Elements and shoot vids on a somewhat regular basis, I understand the editing pain. Can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,628 Posts
Yah , skiing's how I "get" through winter as well. I love both sports and all the seasons equally(well ,maybe not mud season in April and stick season in November)
I'm very fortunate to have great skiing 7 miles away and great riding 1/4 mile from my door.

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s
407 Posts
the skiing is 30 minutes away , that too dangerous too .... between getting bikes ready , keeping fire going ( heat ) and staying up to date on my Raiders , winter seems to slip by ..... the good ride road starts end of my driveway so usually out as soon as frost is gone !!!!
Craig

1 - 10 of 10 Posts