Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There I was going for a Sunday afternoon blast up the Wiseman's Ferry Rd on the northern outskirts of Sydney, my brain in sport touring mode, enjoying the countryside, when a bike came out of no-where and passed me. What was even more of a shock was that it was an orange 06 mono the same as mine. Click up into sports mode and we went for a fast run along the remaining section and then pulled in for a chat. Mike's bike had more bling than mine and a Wasp PUK fitted so no wonder I was struggling to keep up. Mike said he used this site, so in answer to your question, Mike my carbon fibber hugger was made by a local (carbondude1) you can find at....

eBay My World - carbondude1

Keep in touch Mike and any other SC local riders hiding out there get in touch if you fancy a social run.

Regards Paddy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do ya feel lucky punk?

Dirty Paddy, it appears we have the same mono as well....
:cool:
- drunk paddy
Hey, this town aint big enough for the both of us!!! I can guess where you earned your moniker from - mine was given in reference to Dirty Harry. Take care mate, Paddy.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey dirty paddy... was me!

Was very cool to see 'my bike' up ahead rumbling along - first mono I had seen on the road for a few years.

Also cool having a chat and comparing notes. We will organise a ride sometime in the near future. Might be a few Sydney-side lurkers on here that might want to join us?

Thanks for the hugger link. Will stay in touch.

Martin a.k.a. "Mike"!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I was told not long ago the Wisemans road was up to shit now-I used to ride that way from Freemans Waterhole in my younger days-have not even seen it for 20 years or so-would be good to do it again sometime-that and the Old road if the coppers were on holiday!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wisemans Ferry Rd update

I was told not long ago the Wisemans road was up to shit now-I used to ride that way from Freemans Waterhole in my younger days-have not even seen it for 20 years or so-would be good to do it again sometime-that and the Old road if the coppers were on holiday!
Gusman,
The road from Pitt Town heading north (Wisemans Ferry Rd) which eventually joins the Old Northern Rd has mostly been resurfaced and is just a beautiful ride. The Old Northern Rd however is crap and full of potholes and lumps. The Old Pacific Hwy is watched by the Cops, now has a 60klm limit and is not worth the trouble. Get in touch if your down this way, Paddy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aka

Hey dirty paddy... was me!

Was very cool to see 'my bike' up ahead rumbling along - first mono I had seen on the road for a few years.

Also cool having a chat and comparing notes. We will organise a ride sometime in the near future. Might be a few Sydney-side lurkers on here that might want to join us?

Thanks for the hugger link. Will stay in touch.

Martin a.k.a. "Mike"!
Martin, sorry...at least "Mike" is close. Im terrible at remembering names. Keep in touch.
Paddy

·
Registered
524 Posts
60 Ks-you just gotta be kiddin me Pad-last I heard it was 80 and thats about 40 too slow-I suppose its also illegal to drink a coffee while you ride it now??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts