Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does it cost to replace the main wiring harness for the Ducati 749S?

·
Registered
204 Posts
My guess would be, "a lot" if you had the dealer do it with new parts.

You might be able to get a decent used harness off of ebay or someplace similar.

Okay, I have to ask......what happened with the one that's on the bike now?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The connection that connects to the back taillights and turn signals was barely melted on the outside, no wires were exposed or anything and it is still waterproof. My friends company is develpoing a new ehcaust for the bike, and when they put the protype on they forgot to put the harness back on the clip, so I can have it replaced or put the $$ towards something else, but I wanted to get the approximate value to know what to ask for.

·
Registered
58 Posts
wires

The connection that connects to the back taillights and turn signals was barely melted on the outside, no wires were exposed or anything and it is still waterproof. My friends company is develpoing a new ehcaust for the bike, and when they put the protype on they forgot to put the harness back on the clip, so I can have it replaced or put the $$ towards something else, but I wanted to get the approximate value to know what to ask for.
jusrt mirror the orignal wires and you willbe fine
no need to get a complete harness
just cut and splice the wires

·
Registered
215 Posts
I don't know how much it will cost to replace a wiring harness on a superbike, but mine cost over $1800 in parts and labor when my ST3 harness fried. As for just splicing and replacing, I recommend against that. I tried to fix mine that way, but the damage was to extensive. Burned out relays, fuses, wiring and cooling motor all led to a total and complete electric disaster!

Don

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Localised damage can be fixed by a half decent auto electrician for a fraction of what an unneeded harness replacement will cost.

If your whole system is toast then yes, that will hurt financially

SF

1 - 7 of 7 Posts