Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm full of ideas tonight (well I'm reflecting on the things I've had in my head...).

Subframe came, ordered CF underseat thing from some place in the UK (Randy didn't seem to have it)...also ordered that front under nose thing from the same company to add some semblance of order.

I want to replace all the rear electrical wires and connectors to facilitate a quick change assembly (I have 2 subframes, 2 tails --one mono plus the OEM bit with the passenger seat/pegs--, 2 taillights, etc.) and if I do a custom job I can rebuild the wiring harness at the back to be 2 identical units.

The way to do that and be quick about it is to put all the connectors at the front of the subframe, by the shock, so they can be pulled off, so if I'm close but not perfect in my wire gauge should I be OK?

I'm also open to suggestions regarding the build. I THINK I can build it leaving the side/undertank fairings on (I have tons of Dzus fasteners here) but think I need to remove the seat so should probably buy another seat?

I'd like a quick-change duo/mono setup that takes maybe an hour to go back and forth. Am I missing anything?

I spent this summer getting used to riding again, but want occasionally to take pretty passengers (duh!) next year...

·
9,757 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spent a bunch of money and time more or less doing the same thing on my 748s.

In the end I only used the biposto configuration 3 times. Having a passenger on a superbike plain old sucks balls and now I wish I had all my time and money back.

Get a baby hypermotard or a monster for casual stuff like dates :D
LOL.

Actually for the same amount of money I could buy a frame, motor and forks/shock (cuz I got everything else lol)...and then rake out a 1098 and try not to do a Brad Pitt on it...

A chopped 1098 with a wolly passenger seat and fuzzy g/w/r dice on the ape-hangers:)

Oops. That is a Street Fighter...

The little Monster I think is in a 'lower' insurance class, I should def. check it out...

Or even a Kawi...old ELR or something...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts