Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Winterization / Hibernation

1729 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  PACABADA
I put both bikes into hibernation. :(

Full tank with stabilizer
Tarp the cement floor under the bikes
Bikes on stands off the ground.
Lithium Batteries disconnected
Rag in the exhausts
Dust covers

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,639 Posts
Up here it gets cryogenic freezing cold where rubber shatters, fluids get thick as molasses & fork seals weep.

Although you can get moisture out of your gasoline

· Registered
3,731 Posts
Up here it gets cryogenic freezing cold where rubber shatters, fluids get thick as molasses & fork seals weep.

Although you can get moisture out of your gasoline
You can ha'dat shit! Short duration exposure when jumping from an aircraft was enough to make me bitch about it. Instant ice cream headache upon exit into 140mph winds. A few seconds (90? maybe 180? depending.. ?) at a time of exposure to that crap was plenty enough for me. In the 70s/80s we had a few SAM sites up north of the Arctic Circle. Fekkin brrrr!

Living in it? Not happening. If Snowpiercer ever happens I'm just gonna have to build a hut and make friends with the wolves or something. I'm a desert sissy.

· Registered
2,639 Posts
You can ha'dat shit! Short duration exposure when jumping from an aircraft was enough to make me bitch about it. Instant ice cream headache upon exit into 140mph winds. A few seconds (90? maybe 180? depending.. ?) at a time of exposure to that crap was plenty enough for me. In the 70s/80s we had a few SAM sites up north of the Arctic Circle. Fekkin brrrr!

Living in it? Not happening. If Snowpiercer ever happens I'm just gonna have to build a hut and make friends with the wolves or something. I'm a desert sissy.
I'm not exactly fond of the cold myself having lived in Vegas for 15 years getting out of there 7 months before the housing crash of 2005 (when it actually started & I seen it coming in 04 but that's another story)

The reason I came back to Wyoming was dad was getting old & close to selling the entire ranch a couple times & my brother (my only sibling) didn't want anything to do with the place but to also sell it.

That's where I come in buying my brother out & selling off a few pieces of what dad & I had for these "city slickers" to build mega mansions on. Only one problem nobody around to dig holes to plant those houses in so here comes Jeff again buying a trackhoe, trailer & dump truck to dig these holes 17 years later, 14 employees, 6 dump trucks 4 trackhoe's, 3 backhoe's a bunch of other equipment, 8 trucks, 2 shops, 2 kids gone, 1 house & WAY to many headaches.

I want out of it.....no I'm not going back to Vegas that state turned blue recently & nobody's cut a check for the keys yet.

So if any of you want a turn key operation & have some liquid cash laying around with no trades or me carrying any paper hit me up before I run outta talent on one of my hypers leaving a pretty well to do widow all alone in the cold.

· Registered
3,731 Posts
I'm not exactly fond of the cold myself having lived in Vegas for 15 years getting out of there 7 months before the housing crash of 2005 (when it actually started & I seen it coming in 04 but that's another story)

The reason I came back to Wyoming was dad was getting old & close to selling the entire ranch a couple times & my brother (my only sibling) didn't want anything to do with the place but to also sell it.

That's where I come in buying my brother out & selling off a few pieces of what dad & I had for these "city slickers" to build mega mansions on. Only one problem nobody around to dig holes to plant those houses in so here comes Jeff again buying a trackhoe, trailer & dump truck to dig these holes 17 years later, 14 employees, 6 dump trucks 4 trackhoe's, 3 backhoe's a bunch of other equipment, 8 trucks, 2 shops, 2 kids gone, 1 house & WAY to many headaches.

I want out of it.....no I'm not going back to Vegas that state turned blue recently & nobody's cut a check for the keys yet.

So if any of you want a turn key operation & have some liquid cash laying around with no trades or me carrying any paper hit me up before I run outta talent on one of my hypers leaving a pretty well to do widow all alone in the cold.
I'll be PM-ing ... don't get too excited, I don't have any money. ;)

· Registered
576 Posts
We moved back to Iowa in the country for a few years and that 1st winter we fed the deer shelled corn that we kept in the garage. Spring came and I fired up the bike and corn started shooting out of the exhaust. 🤣 And it was a s?!tload of corn too. 1st time I've been pissed off and laughing at the same time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts