Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With winter coming and track days about done I have a goal to reduce some weight on my 2005 SS 1000 DS. I have a pair of Carrozzeria wheels and I have three Galfer Waver rotors on order as well as a 520 chain kit. Now I am looking at the possibility to get rid of some weight in the exhaust system. I have Termignoni aluminum slip on mufflers on the stock headers. I have a friend who bought a Shark system for his Sport Classic S just to get a performance ECU. It was actually cheaper that way. This is the two into one system you see on a lot of the early single shock Sport Classics.

My thought is the single muffler would weigh less and the flow of the pipes is a lot smoother. I have taken some measurements and it looks like it would fit. I have a Power Commander three on the bike so it could be reprogrammed for any changes to the air flow. Has anyone ever tried this and know if it would or would not fit? The only problem I can see is when the swim arm full extends but it looks like it will work.

Jim

PS Unrelated question. I have a perfectly good CRG lever for the older style Brembo brake master cylinders with the big hole pivot pin. I want to use it on the 05 SS master cylinder and rather than buy a whole lever was wondering if someone has a damaged lever for the small pivot pin that the silver part that has the pivot hole is in good shape. It is simple to change out the parts.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I built a 2-1 system for my ST2+ project, with a CF can. I like the sound, the clearance is fantastic, and it performs really well. It's way lighter than the dual system.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Call Donnie Unger at DucPond in Winchester, VA. He sells 2-1 underseat, which is what you want for the track. Lighter, no clearance issues and much more crash worthy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts