Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone!

I have a set protocol for all of my bikes as they get ready for a long winter slumber, and the tank spreading issues unique to the SC has got me wondering if I should modify my winter storage storage for it. Are any of you out their either emptying the tank completely and leaving it open through the winter, or filling it full with premium and stabilizer and then leaving the tank lid "popped" so as not to build pressure?

All of my bikes are stored in my heated shop, and the temps are a constant 60-65 degrees throughout the winter months. I do not worry about the condensation too much as it is also kept humidity controlled. All bikes are on battery tenders, and are basically cleaned, prepped, and then stored in a "ready to ride at a moment's notice" state. The SC is the only wild card, and I want to make sure I get the greatest longevity between tank replacements (Please oh please somebody start making aluminum tanks for these bikes!:D)

So please, sound off on your thoughts on tank pressure and winter storage-open or closed?

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Having just received our replacement tank complete with its new custom paint job, the "unofficial" recommendation could not be more clear:

"Store it empty."​

1 - 3 of 3 Posts