Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
I can’t look. Damn, someone buy it quickly, please.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
It is sad that someone would lose interest in a nice bike like that and abandon it, but the bike itself doesn't look bad... it's more dirty than anything else. A good cleaning and I think she'd look fine, new tires, fluids, belts, the usual stuff and she'd be ready to hit the road in the spring. I wouldn't buy it with no title, but somebody will.

Drives me crazy when I see motorcycles with rusty sagging chains... you gotta' really not give a sh*t to let your bike get like that.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
In Michigan you can get a title with a bill of sale. The DMV will run the title and if it doesn’t come up stolen they’ll issue you a new one. If it does come up stolen they confiscate the bike and you lose whatever you paid, but it doesn’t appear they arrest you for possession of stolen goods. I’ve done this with bikes and cars.

·
Registered
291 Posts
What are we thinking? S2R800 with someone's vision of Tricolore and a bunch of black-out spray paint? That's my guess.

Had an S2R 800, and it was an enjoyable bike. Bought it in much worse shape (broken frame, bent forks, trashed front wheel etc.) but local where I could look at it before buying.

If this were local to me I'd get a look and snap it up.

Without the ability to look at it, and having to pay to ship it to me...I'm not so tempted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts