Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking around for a set of winter leathers. No perfs but zippered vents okay.
I like the Alpinestar Halo jacket but what else is out there?

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
How about a heated vest under your current leathers?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm looking around for a set of winter leathers. No perfs but zippered vents okay.
I like the Alpinestar Halo jacket but what else is out there?
Take a closer look at the halo jacket... it has panels on the sides. I was considering this as a winter jacket myself until I noticed that. Motorcycle superstore had it for $213. Smokin deal for an Alpinestar.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a Ducati Corse Leather jacked I will be posting in the classified section shortly. Its Euro size 58..non perforated and has full armor

·
Banned
183 Posts
Leathers

I just purchased a great armored jacket from Leather Up.com,good fit and well made,heavy duty for $120.Check them out!Cheers,David

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
+1 on Leather Up, My old leather seemed to shrink when I left the field and moved into the office :eek:
These are well made and not expensive, they will keep you warm and offer some protection. The are not Alpinestar buy any stretch of the imagination.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+1 on Leather Up, My old leather seemed to shrink on I left the field and moved into the office :eek:
These are well made and not expensive, the will keep you warm and offer some protection. The are not Alpinestar buy any stretch of the imagination.
thanks for the leads, I'll check them out.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about a heated vest under your current leathers?
I may just go with that! I'll have to wire the duck for it I guess?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Robert:
I got a Fieldsheer heated jacket last year and love it. It's good to about 35 degrees when used with a lonsleeve poly pro tee shirt plus my riding jacket. the heated collar is the berries, too. I can't see anyone ever getting a vest when the jacket is about the same cost. Most of the time I run it on low or medium. Good luck, stay warm, and keep on ridin'

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Robert:
I got a Fieldsheer heated jacket last year and love it. It's good to about 35 degrees when used with a lonsleeve poly pro tee shirt plus my riding jacket. the heated collar is the berries, too. I can't see anyone ever getting a vest when the jacket is about the same cost. Most of the time I run it on low or medium. Good luck, stay warm, and keep on ridin'
the collar sure would be nice! :) checking it out now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What kind of 'Winter'?

Just what kind of winter and we talking about here, Homes?

The best leather jacket I've tried is made by Fox Creek leathers. They have a liner, but I don't find that's enough. I have a really thin insulating layer called a MEC Uplift Jacket (Part # 5017-624) from Mountain Equipment Coop. (www.mec.ca) That works just fine until the ice comes.When I need a little extra, I throw on my Technics rain jacket that acts as a windbreak.

Being an electrical engineer, I have a healthy respect for the ability of things electrical to fail. No heated clothing in my stuff sack.

MEC is a good source of layers clothes that won't make you feel like the Michelin Man. Check it out.

·
Still needs a life.
12,598 Posts
The fuse on the power outlet of your ST4 is not big enough to handle heated gear. You can buy an upgraded outlet from Powerlets or run a lead directly off your battery to the heated vest. Powerlets makes a nice two plug outlet if you ride two up with someone who also uses heated apparel.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The fuse on the power outlet of your ST4 is not big enough to handle heated gear. You can buy an upgraded outlet from Powerlets or run a lead directly off your battery to the heated vest. Powerlets makes a nice two plug outlet if you ride two up with someone who also uses heated apparel.
thanks Bill. The Labrador electrical engineer has me thinking I'll catch fire and crash and burn from an electrical short. We are talking hooking the heated liner to an Italian electrical source after all. :):)

I'm not going to be out when it's icy but when it's near freezing I'd still like a ride.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I got a nice jacket from Wilson Leather in the mall. I was surprised at their motorcycle specific garments - great quality, their top line stuff. Heavy leather, zip-out liner, zippered vents for warm weather. About $250.

·
Still needs a life.
12,598 Posts
thanks Bill. The Labrador electrical engineer has me thinking I'll catch fire and crash and burn from an electrical short. We are talking hooking the heated liner to an Italian electrical source after all. :):)

I'm not going to be out when it's icy but when it's near freezing I'd still like a ride.
For anyone else reading this, the power outlet of the ST series was upgraded with the MY 03-ST4s. If you have an earlier model and want to use the power outlet for anything other than plugging in a Battery Tender, cell phone, or GPS; purchase an upgraded outlet from Powerlets.
http://www.powerletproducts.com/shop-by-vehicle/1/180/product/ducati-st2-st4-st4s-1996-2007-dual-rearset-kits/110

1 - 19 of 19 Posts