Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, to get some fresh content here, placing a five minute highlight vid of a ride two days ago, deep in the Pike National Forest. A nice, pleasing, and curvy road is the avenue... Hwy 67 from West Creek to Deckers in Colorado. This isn't a knee dragging sport bike ride. Low in the sky sun, cold temps road, 8500ft. altitude, sandy spots, make this a simple and nice ride of enjoyment. Will note forest fire damage from the monstrous Hayman burn in '02. One of my favorite 70's tunes accompanies. Made the group's Greatest Hits album, but probably barely :).

West Creek to Deckers - Streaming Video

From the video, where the recording begins. Thunder Butte in background...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Once again, another masterpiece.

You need to get all of your videos up on a website, my friend, for easier downloading.

·
Still needs a life.
12,609 Posts
Great video, but what is that bright blue stuff above the trees?

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Nice. But what I really wanted to see was the pass on that truck (?). FWIW, another ride I "discovered" on a CT to CO trip in '01 is the Cuchara Valley near Trinidad. Awesome country. Surprisingly like Upstate NY in some places.

bruce19

·
Registered
132 Posts
Great video, with a great tune.
IMHO - it also would have been nice to hear that "song" your "Duc" was singing......

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bruce19 said:
Nice. But what I really wanted to see was the pass on that truck (?). FWIW, another ride I "discovered" on a CT to CO trip in '01 is the Cuchara Valley near Trinidad. Awesome country. Surprisingly like Upstate NY in some places.

bruce19
Well, I can note thanks to the l-twin torque and roll-on power, it was an aggressive pass in a very short passing area :).

BTW, I recorded a ride over Cuchara Pass this past summer. It was a rainy ride but had the camera out nevertheless.

·
Still needs a life.
12,609 Posts
sfarson said:
Bill... I think I read in the paper this week the NW (Seattle area) was approaching the record for consecutive days with cloud cover.
Worse than that. We are approaching the record for consecutive days of rain.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thanks Steve,
Yet another excellent video.
Perhaps if I project it onto my garage wall, hop on bike and squint...Heavy, heavy sigh. Well, on the bright side it's only 3 or 4 months until the rains stop for a day or two.
A favorite image from my trip to Colorado in 2002.
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=648&stc=1
Elevation.jpg
Not a Ducati, but at least it is a 996cc twin!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Robert... Did you ride the VTR all the way from BC? If so, outstanding.... despite the limited tank range. And congrats again on the new ST4s. BTW, where in Colorado is your picture of. Can't place the Elevation 10,819 sign.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RickC... Connected a Panasonic GS4000 to a sportbikecam.com mount. Sony Vegas helped with the editing/production.

This vid was actually a test to try and minimize camcorder vibrations because OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) cameras are buzzy when recording from a motorcycle. They cannot handle the high frequency vibes. Too fancy. Learned this after buying the camera and doing some web research. Places selling mounts advise buying DIS (Digital) image stabilization. Didn't know this. So, with this recording I used a mouse pad to dampen the vibes. Modest success, but better than my attempts with a tank bag, rubber bumpers, furniture bumpers/pads, etc. Going to try a thicker mouse pad next.

·
Registered
62 Posts
sfarson said:
RickC... Connected a Panasonic GS4000 to a sportbikecam.com mount. Sony Vegas helped with the editing/production.

This vid was actually a test to try and minimize camcorder vibrations because OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) cameras are buzzy when recording from a motorcycle. They cannot handle the high frequency vibes. Too fancy. Learned this after buying the camera and doing some web research. Places selling mounts advise buying DIS (Digital) image stabilization. Didn't know this. So, with this recording I used a mouse pad to dampen the vibes. Modest success, but better than my attempts with a tank bag, rubber bumpers, furniture bumpers/pads, etc. Going to try a thicker mouse pad next.

Thx for the info....BTW....the spousal unit love the video too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts