Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,481 Posts
It's not exactly for Moto3 right away, either. That doesn't take effect until 2017. Yeah wings!

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I sort of mentioned it in the Qatar Spoiler thread, but to me, Jorge Lorenzo's bike looked awfully calm during the race. F1, racing boats, vertical and horizontal stabilizers on aircraft, submarines... motorcycles are about the only fast moving machines that I can think of that don't have some sort of positive aerodynamic control - from airfoils. I don't like their aesthetics (so I won't be putting on on any of my bikes, lol), but I don't find it odd that they would be on the bikes either.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Wings are stupid. Isn't this year, with all the rule changes, supposed to result in more close racing, to level the playing field? Now the factories with their big $$ will research and develop wings while the satellite teams don't get that advantage, not to mention Aprilia & Suzuki. No parade laps in place of actual racing plz.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Wings are stupid. Isn't this year, with all the rule changes, supposed to result in more close racing, to level the playing field? Now the factories with their big $$ will research and develop wings while the satellite teams don't get that advantage, not to mention Aprilia & Suzuki. No parade laps in place of actual racing plz.
Dude, you've got 55k on your Multi, that is very cool.:smile2:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Reactions: proheli

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
They look awful, but other than that I don't mind them. I don't understand why people have such strong feelings about them. Then you get the usual moaners like Crutchlow etc complain about them in various ways. Turbulance, slicing incidents etc. Seriously, if you get hit by one of those bikes it's not that wing that's gona hurt you...

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,731 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts