Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in the hospital for a while (got home yesterday). Those barbarians and their IV needles ... holy shit ... almost as bad (if not worse) than the "complex kidney infection" I got goin' on.

There's stones on both sides, three on the left kidney (8mm x 6mm x 8mm) and "several" on the right (whatever that means). I'll be sportin' stents that go between the kidneys and the bladder for a bit until the initial infections clear up, then they'll use a laser to destroy the left ones and allow me to pass them. The stents allow urine to flow from the kidney, around the stone(s), and empty into the bladder. If those tubes get backed up the kidney(s) can become severely infected to the point of complete kidney failure/shutdown which can ultimately become fatal. No idea what their plans are for the right side, just yet.

I'll be around, 99.9% lurking. Dammit to hell ... just when I thought I was at a point in my life to get back on the bike without bullshit interruptions getting in the way. Oh well, there are most certainly other people out there who have it one hell of a lot worse!

Oh well ... lost some weight (yay!) ... need a haircut ... and hopefully this will be over sooner than later. :)

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dang, I hope they leave you some blood! heal up and keep lurking, we like you lurking.
(that's a good-natured tease)
... I never learned a thing when I was talkin' .... :)
Jezz Rex...yer a colorful pin cushion! Glad to see a post from you again.
.. unusual for me, normally they don't have so much trouble with the I.V.s. I look like a street junkie ... kinda unsettling to be honest.

(y)

·
Señor Member
8,078 Posts
Oh man, I feel for you. I've had two bad bouts with kidney stones, one that required one of those kidney to bladder stents. Not fun when they go to retrieve it. Hope it all works out OK for you.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I'll put you on my prayer list (damn, it's gettin' long).

This reminded me of something a friend on another forum said:

"Ain't nobody getting out of this place alive ,and the ones that show up to their funeral with a perfect body obviously weren't trying hard enough."

·
Registered
166 Posts
Rex , were they using regular IV's ? If you ever have to have an extended period of IV fluids again. Especially antibiotics you should ask for a PICC line. That stands for Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter. It inserts in the same place as an IV but the catheter is very long and terminates in the major vessel above your heart.

They almost never go bad and are usually good for 2 weeks or longer. You should never get stuck that many times. Regular IV's when running meds and fluids can easily go bad.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Yeah man, you doin' okay? Sent you a PM a while back wondering the same but I see you were not quite okay. Wishing you some feel goods.........sean

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Been through a similar experience but without the bruising. I hated the stent as it made me feel as though I had "something" in me that wasn't natural.....I'll leave it at that. As for the laser blaster thing all I can say is that it felt like I was pissing microscopic razor blades the first few times I had to piss. I was given meds to ease the pain but that didn't work out quite as well as advertised. The doc told me that a large part of my problem was not drinking enough water. He also told me to watch my intake of coffee, sodium, and green leafy veggies. I now have a water bottle with me wherever I go and still don't think I drink enough. Best wishes to your speedy recovery and please keep us posted!

·
Registered
540 Posts
..I'll be around, 99.9% lurking. Dammit to hell ... just when I thought I was at a point in my life to get back on the bike without bullshit interruptions getting in the way. Oh well, there are most certainly other people out there who have it one hell of a lot worse!

Oh well ... lost some weight (yay!) ... need a haircut ... and hopefully this will be over sooner than later. :)
Man I am so sorry to hear of your pain. Here's to your fighting spirit motobro, and to your speedy recovery. Kick the shit out of whatever's ailin ya ✊

1 - 14 of 14 Posts