Registered
1,020 Posts
GPS with Navihalter and stock CF Pikes Peak screen
20190520_194323-c.jpg

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So, it was 97*, went riding yesterday with the screen off (been busy getting ready to move).
With the screen off, I got lots of clean, smooth air. Up to 85mph was no problem. Even in stop-and-go, there was plenty of air movement to keep my wet scarf cool, and air circulating through my suit.

The bike looks a little weird without anything at all on it, so I'll be ordering that tiny bikini screen from MRA.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I run a short Pikes Peak screen on mine. A short screen really is the best for every condition except maybe rain.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I run a short Pikes Peak screen on mine. A short screen really is the best for every condition except maybe rain.
Thanks, shorty screen on order.
I'll switch back in fall. Will want the wind protection when it's 35*F.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
delhess, I thought about cutting down my OEM, but now I'm thinking about using my OEM screen as a form so that I can cast a mold of it with something like Plaster of Paris. Then I'll get a sheet of Dark Gray acrylic sheet and form that in my oven over the mold. I'll then cut it to shape and drill it. I'm pretty sure that'll cost less than $30 for the materials. The forming temperature for acrylic is between 290F and 325F, so we all have the way to do this.
Yes you can easily pull a mold and make a shorty. This windshield was made by taking a fiberglass mold directly from the stock windshield. The laid up carbon inside the mold...I cut it down to the height I wanted and clearcoat.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
you can easily pull a mold and make a shorty.
Thanks for that. In the middle of selling a house and buying another, so I'd rather spend the free time riding!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts