Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2015 1200s

out riding today and attempted to adjust my windshield - found that it was stuck in high position.

i removed the front nose fairing and found the part called the "ball joint" (part 12) which is more of a bushing (to me) had fallen off and was resting at the bottom of the nose component (parts diagram here). the ball joint was loose and the windshield had some play in it.

so, i'm wondering how this ball joint reattaches - does the ball joint affix to the black plastic of the body and the rod slides thru whenever the windshield is adjusted? or does the ball joint just sit at the bottom end of the rod and move with the rod when it is adjusted.

i know it's not an easy pic for someone to take, but hoping for some memory advice if anyone has encountered the same situation.

thanks.

Organism Gesture Slope Font Parallel

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
found this similar post -

but still hoping for input/clarification if available:

·
Registered
126 Posts
That happened to my 2015. Got the re-engineered replacement part. I lube it and the shaft a couple times per season with sunroof grease.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That happened to my 2015. Got the re-engineered replacement part. I lube it and the shaft a couple times per season with sunroof grease.
i saw mention of an update part, but it is not shown on the parts microfiche - that is still the "A" version. i'll keep looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts