Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone compared the Ducati oversized windscreen to what Cee Baily has to offer and to V-Stream? I want to replace my screen on my PP and want to buy one of the three listed above but just not sure. I know I want something wider then what I have. I getting a lot of wind at my shoulders and chest and up under my helmut. I'm 5'10" tall with a 32" inseam. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am bring this back cause I am looking for a new screen do not like the stock screen at all

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I replaced the OEM screen with a VStream tall touring screen and love it. For reverence, I am 6' tall and the VStream has eliminated buffeting to my helmet and I can see over the screen when it is fully raised.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am 5' 11.5" with a 32" inseam and my 24" cee bailey's works great for me at about the half way up position. The sales manager at my dealer has the taller Ducati screen and he said it made things only marginally better compared to the stock screen...but then again, he's 6'4".

I still get some buffeting from wind coming around the narrow sides at the bottom of the screen, but its usually not an issue. Once the hiss flaps come out, I'll get those...I bet that will take care of that remaining buffeting I experience from time to time. THEN I will be totally happy using this bike as a long distance tourer at interstate speeds. :abduct:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Once the hiss flaps come out, I'll get those...I bet that will take care of that remaining buffeting I experience from time to time. THEN I will be totally happy using this bike as a long distance tourer at interstate speeds. :abduct:
Make a set. I totally respect folks that come up with solutions and sell them, but the hiss flap thing seems to be a DIY.
Make some- even if they are just prototype test-mules. You can get reasonably thin aluminum from Home Despot or Lowes or wherever you might shop from. A couple of hours with a dremel, hacksaw blade or even a pair of scissors will get you an ugly, poor-fitting ersatz set of hiss flaps. Mount them up and within 30 minutes you can decide if they are for you or not. You will also need a drill and a 1/4" bit.
In my case, the answer was yes, I need these things.
If that is the case with you, and you don't want to wait, then take uncledon's pdf file to your local machinist and have a set made from 16 gauge (or even 10 gauge) aluminum. Clean them, paint them, and you are good to go.

I have used them with a shorty screen (really short- only 1" above the bolt holes) and they work great. Not perfect, but great. I have a Givi touring fairing and initial testing suggest good air flow, but I haven't used it extensively because the shorty works so well and the weather has been nice. I'll have more to say on the Givi over this winter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am 5'8", 30" inseam and the Ducati touring shield is perfect for me solo. My wife complains of bad buffeting on the back, however. I bought a Cee Bailey from a forum member to test - think it's the 20", and it is terrible for me. Air flow is very turbulent - only used it once.

·
Registered
163 Posts
seems to be you must try until you are happy. Anyone try the PUIG Touring Screen???

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm 6'1" with a 32" inseam and have the stock screen with a Tourtec adjustable lip. The adjustable lip does get rid of 50+% of the noise/buffeting, but I need it better for the trips I take. Anyone have/compared the Cee Bailey to the Calsci screen?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Pictures of "hiss flaps"

I have no idea what these look like? Anybody?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm in the same boat... after 2,000 mile trip two weeks ago, I am definitely in a need of a taller / tourer windshield. For some reason, I am leaning towards Cee Bailely's 24" screen (I'm 6 w/ 32 inseam) and I kind of like the way it looks (I would only use it for touring and not city / short rides).

Ducati's DP Touring screen also looks nice, but I haven't heard too much about it (based on some of the reviews from this forum, you won't need the spacers for CB's, but I assume you would need them for Ducati's).

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have tried many different options and so far for trips the Calsci XL with the Aztec spacers are a dream. The spacers, probably not needed but they push the screen out so my radar detector and iphone mount on the handlebars do not touch it when going lock to lock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts