Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
My screen is functional IF you tuck half helmut or better, which is getting pretty low and a strain on the neck after only a minute. John C has a new unit that is half as high as anything else I have seen and that one can't possibly do much but look great.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had one fitted from new (factory type), looked great.. after a few thousand km I wondered why all the bugs were flying up under/in my helmet and thought I'd try it without the screen... bingo... now its not only smoother in the wind, there's no bugs swirling round inside my helmet!!! no screen for me :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
It does'nt do much at high speeds, u can tuck in all you want but it doesnt help. looks good though. I like that it covers up the small dash :D

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
werloc, who make the shield in the photo?

On a side note. If you do get the DP wind shield you must be very careful with it. It you put any stress on it by hand it will shatter. Don't ask me how I know this.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Werloc- great minds think alike, i wear the same Burst helmet in red+black too.
because of helmet, red duc jacket and red and black gloves, the guys at work now refer to me as "The Red Power Ranger" along with my riding partners the white and black Power Rangers

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm just not feeling the screens. One thing I like about this bike is the view over the front. I like being able to see nothing but road in front of me...and I'm so short that I would have problems seeing over a screen! LOL!:p

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
I think the screen works great so I bought one from a friend on the board.

I never installed it...

:cool:

·
Registered
484 Posts
werloc, who make the shield in the photo?

On a side note. If you do get the DP wind shield you must be very careful with it. It you put any stress on it by hand it will shatter. Don't ask me how I know this.
It's from Shift-Tech....:D Same as the DP one, but made of CF. Very nice piece.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Werloc- great minds think alike, i wear a Burst helmet in red+black too
because of helmet, red duc jacket and red and black gloves, the guys at work now refer to me as "The Red Power Ranger" along with my riding partners the white and black Power Rangers

Yeah, same here. Got the black, red and white jackets, and gloves too.... Plus most of my riding buddies are on blacked out sport bikes. I like to be seen.....;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys... first time posting here. Been creeping around the hyper forum for a few weeks now and have learned tons about my new bike. It's by far the most fun I've had on any bike I've owned.
I just had the Shift-tech plexi screen put on today and noticed a difference. I'm 6'2 and do a lot of highway riding... It unloads a lot of the wind from my chest, but seems to push it out more towards my arms. Either way... I'm a friggin' sail and every little bit helps... Thanks for all the great info guys!!!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I tried to find PJFZ1's post with the windshield, but NO luck, I was wondering who made it, where he got & how much? Aloha Alex
page 57 of the picture thread
quote PJFZ1-
The Screen is the first ever of a new Fabbri Screen - It's bigger than the Ducati one, and come in Dark Smoke, Black, or Black Satined finish. We should have them in stock shortly.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I had one fitted from new (factory type), looked great.. after a few thousand km I wondered why all the bugs were flying up under/in my helmet and thought I'd try it without the screen... bingo... now its not only smoother in the wind, there's no bugs swirling round inside my helmet!!! no screen for me :)
Funny you said that. I was out yesterday, and WTF were these bugs IN my helmet. I was like WTF..??:mad: I mounted my screen in early October after there were no bugs out due to colder weather. So, that being said, I never had "bug" issues "IN" my helmet....lol Since I do prefer the screen, I'm wondering how this Fabbri Screen would be. It looks to me that the top lip may just be enough to toss those little buggers over my helmet, not in it..;)

This is the Fabbri Screen, correct?

If so, can someone post or PM me info on where to get one?

Also, has anyone had both for a comparison?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Funny you said that. I was out yesterday, and WTF were these bugs IN my helmet. I was like WTF..??:mad: I mounted my screen in early October after there were no bugs out due to colder weather. So, that being said, I never had "bug" issues "IN" my helmet....lol Since I do prefer the screen, I'm wondering how this Fabbri Screen would be. It looks to me that the top lip may just be enough to toss those little buggers over my helmet, not in it..;)

This is the Fabbri Screen, correct?

If so, can someone post or PM me info on where to get one?

Also, has anyone had both for a comparison?
+1 me too.....:D Aloha Alex

1 - 20 of 24 Posts