Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anybody had experience with windscreens available for the 821/1200 monsters?
Is the one from Ducati a good solution? Is it an easy install?

How about the small windscreen on the striped version. I tried the red striped 821 and it seemed to me that this small windscreen makes a difference, unfortunately did not have the chance to test it on higher speeds so i do not know how it would perform on the highway.

any input is highly appreciated, thanks

Don't know how I missed it before info on ducati windscreen here: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/42-monster/378242-2014-1200s-windshield-really-annoyed-2.html

if anyone has info on the small windscreen (like the one the stripped monster has) still interested on hearing about it
Thank you

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I priced out the parts to put the screen off the stripe on my 1200S. It came in around $650 if I remember right... a bit rich for my blood so I'm still looking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I plan on buying the Full Six or shift-tech windscreen in about a month.

I'm pretty sure it's the exact same design between the two companies. Only difference I've found is the actual coating, matte/gloss.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice one adio3x, i will look into this one as well. In the pic you posted it looks cool. Do you also know if it performs well, wind noise etc?
thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a Stripe, stocker is pretty good...

nice one adio3x, i will look into this one as well. In the pic you posted it looks cool. Do you also know if it performs well, wind noise etc?
thanks
at speed. I've only briefly ridden a regular 821 (no screen) though. The screens do make a big difference at faster speeds I'll say. I noticed this as well on my Street Triple R when I added the "fly screen" on it. It cleans up the airflow a lot.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I purchased my M1200s with the standard Ducati windscreen. My previous bike was a 821 HM with the small carbon fiber screen and I felt like it make a good enough difference that I knew I wanted a windscreen on my Monster (being 6’2” can be rough while riding a naked). My dealer installed the screen for me, so I can’t speak on the install difficultly although I do remember a few posts that I’d read stating that it was a bit of a pain in the ass to install.

After two months of owning my bike, I decided that the standard screen was somewhat ugly and dropped it off at a local shop to get wrapped. While it was out, I took a long ride that was mainly 50+ mph the entire time and the different was surprising. I found I was more fatigued than usual and I was definitely colder due to the amount of wind that was hitting my torso. I got my screen back a couple days later and it’ll be on my bike until I trade it in years from now.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@paradox206 : I know what you mean, i used my m821 a few times to commute, ± 60 km one way; mainly highway; speed 100 - 130 km/h (60-80 mph) maybe a bit more ;).
I love the bike but, like all naked bikes, when on the highway with wind of 20-30 km/h you do get tired. On the other hand you don't care much about this when there is 12 km of traffic jam and you can just split lanes :D

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Monster Windscreen

I priced out the parts to put the screen off the stripe on my 1200S. It came in around $650 if I remember right... a bit rich for my blood so I'm still looking.
I'll admit that $650 isn't cheap, but that money might be justified if the part works well deflecting the wind, has a secure attachment method and is color-matched to the bike. From what I've heard, the Ducati part looks good, is tough to mount and doesn't really do the job as a wind deflector - it isn't quite large enough.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I realize I'm late to this party, but, the Shift-Tech piece, while good looking, looks pretty small. Not sure it would be any better than the Ducati Touring screen. Anyone have experience with one yet?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm sure the Puig works well, can't get past the looks. I don't think it fits the bike at all. Surprisingly, having seen some pictures of it the Ducati touring screen looks good. I think.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the Ducati windscreen for my 821...notice I didn't say on it.

I tried it for a week or so and while it did help keep wind off my chest, it just directed it at my head. Funny thing; the 1st thing I noticed was worse MPGs with the screen off.

Anyone want it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks BnG. Can you tell us how tall you are and your inseam? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Picked up a '14 Monster 1200S, need a nice looking windscreen to help with higher speed for track days...

Would prefer it to look nice, like the M1100 Evo, or S4RS did.

Ideas?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Same here. Whatever Daniel offers, I will offer $10 more. :)
I'm sure there must be something against forum rules here! Ok. Squire, you can have the first offer since you expressed interest first, albeit in the context of getting wind protection at the track (which you won't with this screen).:smile2:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'm sure there must be something against forum rules here! Ok. Squire, you can have the first offer since you expressed interest first, albeit in the context of getting wind protection at the track (which you won't with this screen).:smile2:
No worries. I need something that looks good but helps with high speed for a tall guy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts