Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 749s. I want to buy a tinted windscreen for my bike, but when I look at pictures some of the windscreen come with a provision for the light and some do not. I was wondering what is the difference. Do certain years not come with the light, or is this a style of windscreen. I prefer a windscreen without the light, but pretty much every one I look at has the cut for the light. What should i be looking for and where?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
All years have the light. Aftermarket tends not to. Be sure you get one for an 03-04 as 05+ has different set of holes to mount to the fairings.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
There are alot of aftermarket companies that sell windscreens. Stay away from cheap Ebay junk. If you want to know who sells the good stuff, peruse a Parts Unlimited catalog. There you'll find the top sellers and the quality screens. I replaced my stock w/ one from FBF and another from Ducati Performance. They are made by the exact same company in Italy and both come w/ the rubber trim separate if you would like to install it. A DP screen is a bit taller then stock and expensive. The Fast by Ferracci screen is taller then the DP and comes in clear, light and dark tint. You can buy either and even most aftermarket screens with or with out the light aperture. The FBF is about $60. As stated make sure you get the correct screen for your year 749.
And you'll need a small allen head tool to remove the screws.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I like PUIG. They offer stock style, and double bubble, both styles you can get with the marker hole, or with the marker delete (no hole).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just another option, depending on whether you want a double bubble or not...I simply took of my stock windscreen, bought a $3 can of black plasticote spray and sprayed the inside of it. It has held up very well since it doesn't see much wear on the underneath side and it looks just as good as any that you'll buy; for the cost of a can of spray paint.

·
wishes it was summer
697 Posts
I replaced my stock w/ one from FBF and another from Ducati Performance. They are made by the exact same company in Italy and both come w/ the rubber trim separate if you would like to install it. A DP screen is a bit taller then stock and expensive. The Fast by Ferracci screen is taller then the DP and comes in clear, light and dark tint.
Do you have a picture of the FBF screen installed on your bike? I currently have the DP screen and want something with more wind protection. Is the FBF screen similar in style to the screen used in WSBK?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts