Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this past weekend tried both multi and the Diavel. Currently own older multi.
found that the Diavel actually rode better than multi on the softest settings.
couldn't find a windscreen postion where you did not get buffeting also.
Diavel was better ride and had nice clean air quiet ride. however, at times would like a screen; like in rain etc. would like any feedback on the two Duc screens or any aftermarket that you have found to be a good choice for bad weather and noise control

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
forget about being practical if you want a Diavel, the Ducati smoked wind screen looks in keeping with the motorcycle. I have seen the clear wind screen on a Diavel and it looks ludicrous. I ride mine without any wind screen and its fine until your around 150km/hr, but you shouldn t be riding that fast anyway.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you want a not so noisy ride with the Diavel then don't buy a screen for it. I wear an Arai helmet and have the roaster screen raised in order to fit the GPS. However that setup induces more turbulence and as a consequence my helmet is a bit noiser than without. Without the screen it was very silent!
So then the main reason why you would get a screen in the Diavel is to release the pressure on your upper body while riding for longer periods and speeds around 60 mph. It is a compromise. Now, to avoid rain or dust would mean a higher more straight screen which will anyway look ugly on the diavel ..... It is all a compromise.

Finally if you get the roadster you can remove it quite easily if needed. Relieves some pressure and adds almost no turbulence but won't protect.

Ducati Diavel Red standard 2011. Roadster screen.
In Europe-CH

·
Registered
4 Posts
this past weekend tried both multi and the Diavel. Currently own older multi.
found that the Diavel actually rode better than multi on the softest settings.
couldn't find a windscreen postion where you did not get buffeting also.
Diavel was better ride and had nice clean air quiet ride. however, at times would like a screen; like in rain etc. would like any feedback on the two Duc screens or any aftermarket that you have found to be a good choice for bad weather and noise control
I found the stock screen on the Multi to be horrible in any position as well.

However, there are plenty of aftermarket solutions that solve the issue. In my opinion the stock screen isn't wide enough.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
seriously..... if you want a prim and proper motorcycle don't buy the diavel. Its a trade off, wicked styling at the expense of function. Your gonna feel the elements and the wind blast over 150 km. enough said.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Touring Screen

Has anyone tried the Ducati Touring Screen?

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts