Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

windex-ing

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  YMRacing 
#1 ·
Howdy. I'm a new member on this forum, but have been using it for several months as a reference whenever hesitant about anything related to my bike. I don't like to ask old questions that have been beat to death, but found nothing on using windex to clean a bike (which leads me to believe it is probably not a good idea). I posted this question in a cleaning thread a few days ago, but got no responses so I figured I'd start a new thread and ask it again...

What do others think about using windex to clean a bike? Could it damage the clear coat or cause fading on the plastic and/or metal parts?

I've been using S100 and WD40 on my bike so far, but overheard a guy at a shop talking about just using windex and a rag to clean his bike (a full fairing duc) after every ride and would prefer to use this method rather than the hosing off of the bike that is required with s100, assuming it will not be to the detriment of my bike (it's a PS, and I want to keep it looking top notch).

Thanks in advance,
josh

#3 ·
Hi Josh
I used windex on a old Jap bike (CBX550Fll) and was told by a auto painter that "it's a expensive way to wash a bike and offers no paint protection at all.

Hi in2vws
I know theirs a drought... but... living in Melbourne (4 seasons in one day Melbourne) and you have never been caught out.:D
I have to admit I'm a sunshine ride too, and i have been caught out a few times..
Cheers
Nev

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.