Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AARP Reject
2,926 Posts
I've suggested that Ducati was peanuts to VAG since the scandal broke (as well as before that) and I still think that's the case. To sell now at a fire sale doesn't make sense as long as Ducati is profitable. It is profitable, right?

I think it's a bit different for Seat and Bugatti, which both lose money to little purpose.

As a slight diversion, Bob Lutz's take is interesting.

Link

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've suggested that Ducati was peanuts to VAG since the scandal broke (as well as before that) and I still think that's the case. To sell now at a fire sale doesn't make sense as long as Ducati is profitable. It is profitable, right?

I think it's a bit different for Seat and Bugatti, which both lose money to little purpose.

As a slight diversion, Bob Lutz's take is interesting.

Link
Agreed and yes, interesting what Lutz had to say. Somebody should put the article into one of those Hitler bunker parodies

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I normally take everything coming out of Lutz with a grain of salt, I don't consider him to be the most reliable or truthful of narrators. However in this case he is probably right that it was instigated by Piech either tacitly or directly. Lutz (as usual) is not saying anything revolutionary or that much of a secret, Piech was a known bully and tyrant within VAG with plenty of enemies, hence his eventual ouster a year ago in what amounted to a coup within Volkswagen.

The timing of all this might even be suspect. Piech leaves VAG last spring, when did the testing facility start looking at VW products? If eventually Peich gets control of VAG again, you have to wonder if a tip happened to catch VAG in what appears to be a very, very sophisticated way of cheating that had went undetected for years.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can the largest company with the most money and largest market share everything ever lose anything? At most it's a short term fail. I'm already getting tired of NPR telling me how many thousands of people VW "killed" with its emissions cheat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts