Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vendor selling this new damper and list it will fit Ducati 600 900 1000. I sent him an email asking if it will fit my bike.....his response "I don't know!" I love Ebay sellers:mad: It's obvious the damper is on a Monster. Does anyone know if it will work just by looking at the pic?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
A question....what improvement do you expect with a steering damper, or what problem do you expect it to solve?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it will,i have a WP steering damper on my SS that i took of a monster 900.

henk!!!
Thanks! Just got confirmation from my dealer that is should fit.:D

·
Registered
421 Posts
A question....what improvement do you expect with a steering damper, or what problem do you expect it to solve?
I have wondered the same thing. Is a steering damper really necessary on a 900 SS. I haven't had any problems with head shake yet. Is it just because I ride like a granny?

·
Registered
536 Posts
i put a longer shock on mine and dropped the forks. it steers much better now but it feels like im going to start getting some headshake if i drop the forks any furthur. (i.e right now i get a good wag from the bars over sharp bumps, railway crossings etc.) ....maybe the OP did the same ?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
it will fit with standard fairings, but probably not half fairings.

·
Registered
421 Posts
i put a longer shock on mine and dropped the forks. it steers much better now but it feels like im going to start getting some headshake if i drop the forks any furthur. (i.e right now i get a good wag from the bars over sharp bumps, railway crossings etc.) ....maybe the OP did the same ?

Thanks for answering my question your reply makes good sense.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Two reasons for a steering damper; the front gets light coming out of turns, which mine will do, and one rides on very bumpy roads alot. The latter is really the only incentive I can think of. And most of the funnest riding roads in the so cal area are smooth.

I have an inch of fork showing above my top triple, and Ohlins shock with most of the extension used, and a built engine. My SS steers alot faster than stock. And I regularly keep up with 4V Ducati's and various Japanese sportbikes inthe twisties. Not once have I needed a steering damper. If you have money you don't need send it my way.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
. If you have money you don't need send it my way.[/QUOTE]

Money I don't need goes directly to my BMW and Ducati habit. That's what makes me happiest.:D

·
Registered
163 Posts
I use a steering dampener, but it has more to do with the roads in Maine being horrible. Even a brand new section will be rutted and full of frost heave inspired cracks and potholes within a year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts