Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

st2-st4 Showa fork

mountings:

top yoke 50 mm

lower yoke 54 mm

calipers 65 mm

preload adjustable

Will they fit my GT without mods to wheels and brakes etc?

Cheers Roger

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hey Rog, they're the same as mine i'm pretty sure. Mine are fully adjustable though...not just preload.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hi Rog.

ST 4 is fully adjustable and a straight bolt-up. Also the S4R forks are fully adjustable and bolt on directly in all aspects.

Jeff

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How good are they...say in comparison to OHLINS ?

The guy that wants to re-engineer my standard forks reckons he will get them as good as or better suited to me than OHLINS....don't know if that's just sales talk.

Welcome your thoughts.

Cheers Roger

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
How good are they...say in comparison to OHLINS ?

The guy that wants to re-engineer my standard forks reckons he will get them as good as or better suited to me than OHLINS....don't know if that's just sales talk.

Welcome your thoughts.

Cheers Roger
What does he charge for transforming them into gold?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What does he charge for transforming them into gold?
I reckon a bucket load of gold coins MORE than your contact in Italy wants for his.

Hey guys,

Poolagent has been bloody awesome with his help in dealing ( translating ) and generally helping me purchase these forks. He must have spent quite a lot of his time to help me....

I really do value your help.....if ever you need something from DOWNUNDER ( except the WASP performance upgrade that is taking forever GREG ) please feel free to ask.

Cheers and thanks to all that helped.

Roger

:) :) :)

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I reckon a bucket load of gold coins MORE than your contact in Italy wants for his.

Hey guys,

Poolagent has been bloody awesome with his help in dealing ( translating ) and generally helping me purchase these forks. He must have spent quite a lot of his time to help me....

I really do value your help.....if ever you need something from DOWNUNDER ( except the WASP performance upgrade that is taking forever GREG ) please feel free to ask.

Cheers and thanks to all that helped.

Roger

:) :) :)
It was a pleasure for me… :D

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just bought them on ebay

Well I have just paid the dollars...Euro actually...and now I will wait.

How much time should a suspension guy take to remove my old and install new forks.....would 2 hours be plenty ?

Cheers and thanks to all....esp Poolagent !

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
How much time should a suspension guy take to remove my old and install new forks.....would 2 hours be plenty ?
It should be more than enough time if it's just an install. It took me that time or less to put on the my Showas with the bike sitting pretty on my new Andersen Stand!:)

Congratulations, the waiting is the hard part...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts