Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the option to purchase these and need to know if they are a direct fit and or if I need any extra's , like spacers etc?
Can I use my stock rotors and sprocket?

Front and rear rims off a 2002 ducati monster S4 senna edition.
502.2.046.1AB Rear wheel rim (RED) 17 x 5.5 is stamped on the rear
501.2.070.1AA Front wheel rim (RED) 17 x 3.5 is stamped on front

120 70 zr17 front
180 55 zr 17 rear

Thanks in advance

Mtnman

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Yes. They'll fit. One of the easiest wheel swaps you can make. Stock rotors are fine. You'll either need to upgrade your front brake calipers to four piston/two pad or preferrably four piston/four pads units which usually means new brake lines to make it look sanitary, or you'll need some spacers for the rotors or for you stock calipers to get them to line up on the narrower hubbed Monster wheels.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
You will also need a Monster/ST front axle or additional front right spacer, and a longer or additional left front spacer.

As DrD says, our hubs are wider than the rest of the line. That causes both the axle spacing issue and the rotor/caliper spacing issue.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
You will also need a Monster/ST front axle or additional front right spacer, and a longer or additional left front spacer.QUOTE]

So ANY ST/SS/or Monster 25mm front axle with adjustment holes will work? I'm making the switch to 3-spoke wheels on my GT, I've got the S4R forks. The front wheel arrived with the speedo drive ring still in the hub, which obviously will need to go. And once I find an axle, who sells the spacer to replace the speedo drive?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Yes, I believe you are correct that any 25mm ST, SS, or Monster Axle will give the right spacing for the right side.

Motowheels sells the speedometer eliminator spacer. There may be others.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
You will also need a Monster/ST front axle or additional front right spacer, and a longer or additional left front spacer.QUOTE]

So ANY ST/SS/or Monster 25mm front axle with adjustment holes will work? I'm making the switch to 3-spoke wheels on my GT, I've got the S4R forks. The front wheel arrived with the speedo drive ring still in the hub, which obviously will need to go. And once I find an axle, who sells the spacer to replace the speedo drive?

Thanks in advance.
Go talk to Brad, Erich, and AJ at Moto Corsa. They've made this wheel swap for several people including me and a few of Moto Corsa's staff. They'll fix you up with everything you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts