Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I have both radiator guards on my 1098SFS. I'm not sure what the difference is between the radiators on the 848SF and the 1098SF. On the Evotech web sight they have different part numbers for the 848SF and the 1098SF for the radiator guards. I would order the guards for the 848SF since they're making them bike specific. I guess maybe the radiators aren't exactly the same even though they look identical. There must be minor differences.

Update- I checked an online Ducati parts schematic and it has both bikes sharing the same radiator part numbers. Of course it could be wrong since it's on the internet. When I ordered my radiator guards from the only USA Evotech importer from Florida off Ebay he had the parts listed as the same for both bikes. That was earlier this year when the 848SF just came out. So I'm still not sure why Evotech has different part numbers for the 848SF radiator guards.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have both radiator guards on my 1098SFS. I'm not sure what the difference is between the radiators on the 848SF and the 1098SF. On the Evotech web sight they have different part numbers for the 848SF and the 1098SF for the radiator guards. I would order the guards for the 848SF since they're making them bike specific. I guess maybe the radiators aren't exactly the same even though they look identical. There must be minor differences.

Update- I checked an online Ducati parts schematic and it has both bikes sharing the same radiator part numbers. Of course it could be wrong since it's on the internet. When I ordered my radiator guards from the only USA Evotech importer from Florida off Ebay he had the parts listed as the same for both bikes. That was earlier this year when the 848SF just came out. So I'm still not sure why Evotech has different part numbers for the 848SF radiator guards.
Thanks a lot for the info SS. I saw evotech had an 848 specific guard, but I like the way the 1098 guard has the Evotech logo stamped on it as opposed to that small silver emblem the 848 guard has.
I was also trying to avoid removing mine to see if it fits so again, thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I think Evotech might be using older pictures from a 1098SF for the upper guard for the 848SF. I think that's an early 1098SF. It has the white radiator surrounds that they no longer use. Also notice that one picture has the round silver emblem and the other picture is stamped. From what I found when I was purchasing my radiator guards is that they changed to the stamped logo in the last year or so and aren't using the smaller silver logo anymore. Mine came with the stamped logo on the top guard and no logo on the lower guard. They don't use a logo on the lower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts