Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a set of Ohlins forks off a 03 RSV-R with radial brake mounts. I was wondering if it would be a direct swap with the exception of the triple clamps. Any advice would be helpful.

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Sorry Rainman, I don't know. Which superbike are you trying to fit the forks to? I've got an `04 RSV-Factory with Ohlins and radials brakes and a 749s but never tried to swamp or measuring them.

·
Registered
167 Posts
^^ignored.

You can pretty much put any fork on any bike, there is just different degrees of difficulty. My friend has put a new Ohlins fork for an R1 on an Aprilia RS250. You may run into problems with getting the triples and wheel/brake offset corect.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There is going to be a difference in performance between swapping forks onto a bike and getting forks engineered for the specific application. Any problem can be overcome if you throw enough money at it. Spacers can be made, axels can be turned. The valving and spring rates are unlikely to be correct and will have to be changed.

Have you though about buying Ohlins internals for your forks, very common in supersport where the forks must remail externally stock, works well. It will be more expensive to purchase but will likely save money in the long run.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How many forums are you going to ask this question on?

What are you following me around the net Foggy. I found a set of forks with radial brakes on eBay and the auction was ending soon so I was trying to get some answers fast. I decided to pass on them, for several reasons. I have the Ohlins internals in my forks and I just upgraded to 4 pad calipers. There wasn't really any justification for the fork swap. I appreciate everyone's advice. Plus I just bought a bunch of Corse carbon goodies and a couple of RS parts. Talk about tasty stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.