Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum and hopefully you guys can help me out.

I have a 2003 999 monoposto, and I found a sweet deal on a used Termignoni 54mm 2003 to 2004 999s full exhaust kit (Ducati Part Number 96433403B).

They told me this kit wouldn't work with my regular 999 because it will only fit the 999s. I think the 999s has a deep sump which causes the horizontal pipe to be routed under the bike differently.

If it won't fit, does anyone know if it is a huge difference or not, because I feel confortable getting it modded if it just something small.

Also, should the ECU performance chip that comes with it work regaurdless of it being a 999 or 999s???

Please let me know what you guys think

Thanks! :D
Justin

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i'm under the impression that the deep sump pipe will fit the shallow sump,but not the other way around.as far as the ecu,it will give you a higher rpm limit but fueling could be way off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If someone is ever interested and searching for the answer, here it is:

i installed a deep sump 54mm ternignoni system designed for 999s(03-04 with older gray swingarm) onto my low/shallow sump 999 (03-04) . Fits totally fine. And obviousely it will not work the other way. I don't even understand why termi would make a model designed for shallow sump when they can just manufacture all of them as a deep sump models, that way one fits all. hm...

took 3 hours by the way :) fun as hell thou and satisfaction from diy is real great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts