Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 ST4s which still has a little over 1 yr of factory warranty.

I have heard and read mixed reviews about the DP ECU. I have heard all good things about the PCIII.

I also REALLY want to put different cans on my bike, because I think it just sounds like crap with the way too quiet stock Remus ones. I need to hear my bike!

I have looked into the DP kit consisting of Carbon Fiber cans, new air box and filter, and the DP ECU. Discounted cost is a hair under $1200 + install.

If I was to use a PCIII along with a K&N and aftermarket cans will my warranty be voided? My dealer says it will. I really don't want to get into the whole Magnuson Act thing, just what dealers will actually do.

I don't even know if there are any cans available for an '05 other than the DP ones. Are there? Are all the newer years the same size?

If so, is it worth the cost of the Sil cans, the PCIII, and the K&N which will probably be the same if not more money than the factory DP kit. Will I see a performance difference by using one set up vs. the other? What do the factory DP cans sound like and who are they made by?

HELP. please!!

·
Administrator
12,892 Posts
I think if you have a dealer install it you shouldn't have a problem but it sounds like you may have to go to another dealer. I have one on my Matrix and there hasn't been any warranty problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts