Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a full 52mm termignoni exhaust from a 95 916 fit my 02 748S? My friend has a full exhaust setup on his 916 and before ripping everything apart I want to verify it will fit my 2002 748S. The reason I ask is because I heard there was some compatibility issues with the 2001+ 748S... not sure if its true. Any info would be appreciated. I tried searching - no specific answers.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Will a full 52mm termignoni exhaust from a 95 916 fit my 02 748S? My friend has a full exhaust setup on his 916 and before ripping everything apart I want to verify it will fit my 2002 748S. The reason I ask is because I heard there was some compatibility issues with the 2001+ 748S... not sure if its true. Any info would be appreciated. I tried searching - no specific answers.
All full exhaust for Desmoquatro fit Desmoquatro engine : 748, 916, 996.
Full exhaust for Testastretta non Deep sump fit only Testastretta engine non deep sump : 998 & 998S US
Full exhaust for Testastretta Deep sump fit only Testastretta engine deep sump : 998 & 998S EUR and 998R

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are there different exhausts for monoposto and biposto or is it all interchangeable?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome thanks! Now I just need to find a eprom chip that works for filters and a full 52mm exhaust for my 748... if anyone has any leads or suggestions, let me know!

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
A stock 916 has a 45mm O.D. system so a 52mm Termignoni is a bit oversized, even on a stock 916.

Many tuners recommend a 45/50 half system for use on a 748, because it keeps the stock front pipe section (cylinder head to the mid-pipe) in an attempt to retain midrange torque. A middle range loss (flat spot) will definitely be experienced even when a smaller full 50/50 system is installed on an otherwise stock 748, no matter what chip you use. On the other hand, a 45/50 half system will make more high-end power without sacrificing any mid-range oomph (where you do most of your riding.)

The proper sizing of the front pipe section is necessary to strike a power/ride-ability balance. It should be bigger and shorter for power at high revs, but smaller and longer for torque at lower revs.

My point is: bigger is not always better when it comes to exhaust systems.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shazaam I agree completely. But I am a very casual rider, I'm mainly after that nice sounding grunt, the exhaust system is mint and he told me $250 for it. I'd pay more for any slip ons

·
Registered
444 Posts
Awesome thanks! Now I just need to find a eprom chip that works for filters and a full 52mm exhaust for my 748... if anyone has any leads or suggestions, let me know!
Full 52mm for a 748 is a quite usual : I think It is difficult to find a Eprom from Ducati Performance.
Send an email to Kaemna in Deutchland, they can do the set up you want.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
$250 for a 52mm full system is more than a steal. Seriously, that's about $1k less than the going rate. Still, it's not something that will work well on a 748. Also, while I know the 916, 996, and earlier 748's used interchangeable exhausts, I thought the front header on the late 748's was different.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Looks like a stock midsection to me...

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
look like gia.co.moto mufflers to me, and 45mm. where does it measure 52?

so should work fine. just leave all your exhaust on and fit the mufflers. it'll take much less time.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
gia.co.moto sold ducati parts as a semi official thing then were taken over and called ducati performance in some sort of arrangement. they made the ducati performance mufflers before termi became part of that program. but they made all the st series and many of the older monster mufflers and lots of the full systems sold by dp that weren't termi or remus. not actually sure who made it all.

all termis have the muffler pipes and mufflers as one piece. the separate pipes and mufflers sprung together that you have are typical gia.co.moto and the look of the end caps and outlets is also typical of their pipes.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
+1 on what Brad said; that's neither Termignoni nor 52mm but it looks OK anyway and would work better than a 52mm for a 748.

I bought a new 52mm Termi full system for my 916 but then, following advice that it was too big, sold it on and bought a 45/50mm half-system instead.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts