Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 1098

check engine light is on.
now getting "Error coil 11.2" and "10.2". these codes state that each coil is grounding out somewhere.... (?) which i find very, very unlikely. I had a perfectly running bike before I did the tune up (no codes).
did a full tune up on bike, I did change the spark plugs. spark plug boots look good (no big massive white corrosion).
I have read that i might need to replace the injector/coil/fuel pump relays (located on the right, rear side of the battery behind all the wires an hoses). I have swapped their position, with no noticable change in how the bikes runs, nor any codes that magically cleared themselves.

I cant ride the bike for another few days due to weather, but it seems to idle and rev just fine.
I did forget to plug in the immobilizer antenna unit thing upon reassembly, causing code 37.1; this code seems to have gone away since the immobilizer has been plugged in.
codes only show up if you press the "up" button the left handlbar stock, otherwise you can start the bike and run/idle it and never have any idea there is a code, aside from the CEL light which remains on.

So are these just old, stored codes? will fixing the (non aparent) problem cause them to go away and the CEL light to go out? How can you manually clear the CEL light to see if the codes come back?

Thanks in advance, glad to be part of Team Ducati !

·
Senior Narcissista
5,737 Posts
You will only see current codes using the left hand control.
Ive had that once, but blimey its hard to recall the fix. As I recall it was a fan stuck that produced that. Measured through the relay box to find out, so you are close.
We used the old handheld unit as its not as forgiving and it led us to beleive something was wrong with the relays, but it wasnt the realays them selves as we swapped them just like you did.
Some ground issue, I need a day or two to let that idea sink in. Really oddball stuff I recall as I spent a friday night solving it :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does/should the 10.2 and 11.2 code generally cause the bike to no run?
i would think so, but again, i'm not having that symptom (???)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I rode the bike today, and granted i've never ridden a 1098, but i have ridden a literbike before. I am happy to report that it seems to be running 100% normally. tons of power, idles great. no issues

CEL is still on. same codes.
I'm still unclear - will the CEL turn itself off once/if the issue is fixed?
and if not, then
what type of hardware do i need to buy to turn the CEL off myself?

·
Registered
73 Posts
well I rode the bike today, and granted i've never ridden a 1098, but i have ridden a literbike before. I am happy to report that it seems to be running 100% normally. tons of power, idles great. no issues

CEL is still on. same codes.
I'm still unclear - will the CEL turn itself off once/if the issue is fixed?
and if not, then
what type of hardware do i need to buy to turn the CEL off myself?
Maybe disconnecting the battery for a while will clear them. I'm unsure.

What does work, is an android device with TuneEcu and a couple cheap cables.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
either way tho, where is the damn OBD port on the bike? search reveals its in the tail section coming off of the ECU, but I have a race ECU, and it doesnt seem to have an OBD port anywhere back there !?!?
It's under the rider seat.

Cables appears ok, i always prefer cable than bluetooth. May need a usb to mini usb adapter if you're using a cellphone or tablet.

·
Senior Narcissista
5,737 Posts
Under the seat?? Tip is to not inform unless you have first hand information.
Its located in front of the ecu below the battery unless Ive been probing the wrong port all the time :D
You need a FIAT three pin cable and a converter to OBD. So youre obviously looking for a three pin connector with a hat on it in that area.

VAG link looks ok and will cover your needs, well priced, can be had cheaper but no reason to really.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts