Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without cutting/welding? Looks the same to me as the '91-98, but can't tell for sure. And my measuring tape & calipers don't reach over the internet.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the advantage for my bike is that it'd replace the steel cr swing arm. I think the shock on the 900 ie may have been longer, so this could potentially goof with the geometry. Hmmm.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I can't say for sure but I'd put money on the alloy 900ss (ie) swingarm being identical to an alloy carb one, it definitely fits without any adjustment. The ie shock is longer, giving a bit more height on both ie and carb bikes.

I too have a later 1000ds swingarm on a carb 900ss with no problems.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If you can get hold of one!! I've been on the search for ages.
i think i have one laying white a small piece broken of.
gonna take a photo of it to show you maybe it is something that you can use.
have to take a new pic of it,my externale harddisk has crashed and all my photo's are gone:mad:
wich shock do you use then the SS one or the SSi one?

henk!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's a very clean one on eBay now

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Mid 98 and older should fit/shims come with that swingarm!!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi Henk,

Thanks for that, after the one that superseded that version. Fitted to 1000 & 800SS, like rocking horse shit!

All the best Pablo

·
Registered
919 Posts
I believe the aluminum swing arms that came on the '91 through ~'2004 SP models are the lightest. Though the steel & newer 800ss, 1000ss ones are stronger.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts