Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,
I need to know if a 57mm termi system will fit around the swingarm on a flatsump 998,i know i will have to modify the header pipes but is the swingarm im wondering about.
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
on rethinking, i believe the the v sump is shallower on the left hand side here the front exhaust goes. r pipes will fit an s motor but need a bit of banging to fit a base motor. think i misled you on a previous thread by not paying attention to what i was reading.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats all good xracer ive brought a 57mm set now so im gonna have to make em fit somehow,,,thanks for the reply

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep i know...ive got a plan in place for that, with my mate whos a tig welder(y)

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have a (non-termi) 57mm on my (cammed, skimmed & flowed) base 998. As said above, the front header will need a little modding to clear the sump - not a biggy if you can get it welded. However, you will need to space out your right-side rearset/footpeg assembly to accommodate the run up to the silencers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys thanks.for the reply's...So my new 998rs 57mm termi system arrived....Holy Shit..Beautiful...
it looks like it going to be bloody close to the rear tire ..
Spinoli1 - The front header pipe is not an issue....ill sort that easy ...
How close is your system to the rear tire?
Also what fuel map did you use ?
Can any other members let me know how they got on fitting a 57mm full system...with a standard swingarm please.Also what maps are available.?
Thanks in Advance...

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
From memory the 57 clears the swing without a problem. Send some picks to jog the memory. We’ll get is sorted. As long as you have a big enough hammer🤠

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hi guys thanks.for the reply's...So my new 998rs 57mm termi system arrived....Holy Shit..Beautiful...
it looks like it going to be bloody close to the rear tire ..
Spinoli1 - The front header pipe is not an issue....ill sort that easy ...
How close is your system to the rear tire?
Also what fuel map did you use ?
Can any other members let me know how they got on fitting a 57mm full system...with a standard swingarm please.Also what maps are available.?
Thanks in Advance...
Yes, the pipework does get pretty close to the rear tyre - the MOT (gov annual inspection) guys get a little twitch about it sometimes. I've got a PCIII with custom mapping to suite, as my bike has R cams, flowed and skimmed heads, etc.
A lot of experienced people say that installing this size pipe makes the engine too top-endy, but I rather like the characteristics - plenty of bottom end and mid-range, with a noticeable step at around 5.5k.
Also, once you have fitted the 57mm pipework to the bike it does make everything else look a a bit skinny and puny - shallow, I know, but pleasing all the same..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guys thanks for the reply's...ive been a little distracted with the virus lock down NZ is experiencing..Anyways i will try to take some pics in the coming weeks and put them up for your comments...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts