Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, just after I bought my 2017 Hypermotard 939, the bike had a massive engine failure the very next day.

I've managed to source 2016 Hypermotard 939 SP engine but I really need to make sure there won't be any issues fitting this engine into my bike as I'll be importing it from the USA to Thailand.

From what I've read online, besides a few subtle differences, the engines are pretty much the same.

Are there any difference/pitfalls I need to take into consideration before purchasing the engine?

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Should drop right in. They are the same frame so it will bolt right up. Will you be using the SP wiring harness or the Base motor wiring harness? The valve covers are different colors I believe(one might be magnesium but i dont know for sure) and the dash read out is a little different. The base modes are urban, touring, sport while the SP read rain, (something), race.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should drop right in. They are the same frame so it will bolt right up. Will you be using the SP wiring harness or the Base motor wiring harness? The valve covers are different colors I believe(one might be magnesium but i dont know for sure) and the dash read out is a little different. The base modes are urban, touring, sport while the SP read rain, (something), race.
You're right, the valve covers are magnesium. That's the only difference I can see between the engines.

I'll be keeping the base motor wiring harness that already exists with the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts