Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question guys -- if I get the Remus full system -- will I be able to install 1098/848 rearsets on my SF with no mods?

·
Bon Vivant
11,230 Posts
It looks to me like the bolt spacing is similar and the length of the shift rod is close enough
but you will loose a lot of leg room and pull your feet 2 inches up and aft about 2 inches. It will be VERY different!
( I'm measuring my stock SF and Satos on my 1098)

The brake side may be a bit tougher because the brake lever on the SF will be too short and too low, you'll have to use one from a 1098.
Also the exhaust heat shield will have to be removed but you won't have to worry about that with your new exhaust.

No guaranty but from my quick measurements they MAY fit but I don't think I'd like the change personally.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I,m pretty sure the 1098 rearsets WONT fit the SF..Different spacing..I,m sure Guido or Moto will confirm this

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks to me like the bolt spacing is similar and the length of the shift rod is close enough
but you will loose a lot of leg room and pull your feet 2 inches up and aft about 2 inches. It will be VERY different!
( I'm measuring my stock SF and Satos on my 1098)

The brake side may be a bit tougher because the brake lever on the SF will be too short and too low, you'll have to use one from a 1098.
Also the exhaust heat shield will have to be removed but you won't have to worry about that with your new exhaust.

No guaranty but from my quick measurements they MAY fit but I don't think I'd like the change personally.
I,m pretty sure the 1098 rearsets WONT fit the SF..Different spacing..I,m sure Guido or Moto will confirm this
I see - thanks guys!! guess we'll have to wait for SF specific rearsets ... (I currently have the oberon foot pegs but love the woodcraft rearsets on my R6)

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
The bolt spacing is the same from the SF to the 1098. I have a set of 1098 rearsets on our Streetfighter but I think this works only if you have an exhaust with enough clearance on the right side. We did build our exhaust around the pegs so it works that way.

On the Remus you would either have to tell Remus to mount once some 1098 rearsets or bite in the sour apple and take a chance and give it a try yourself.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just a note, I ve got last week the same rear sets that are sold by motowheels but from a European dealer as it is more cost and time efficient for me.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=73069

No pictures yet on my bike but fit and finish is really good, adjustability is average but for this kind of bike is more than enough especially for the price asked. The pegs are nice and very grippy. Adjustment is biased towards more rear and up but the stock posiition of the pegs I believe can be achieved.
I ll post this on the above thread too.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I have both bikes too.

The 1098 rear sets hit the exhaust on the right side like Guido said.
Also the brake lever needs to come out a little to line up with the rear set.

The CORSE" Streetfighter Rear Sets has a shorter body and spacers to kick out the rear set to clear the stock exhaust shield.

It also comes with spacers to push out the brake lever assembly so it lines up with the footpeg.

The shift side comes with the correct shift rod length as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts