Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Senior Narcissista
5,767 Posts
FWIW, lets see if I recall this correctly from trying back in 2008 or so. On a 999 engine, given you have S-rockers, fit a bip cam and you have a very nice intake setup. This works because of the difference in rocker geometry. Exhaust wont work though, it will bind.
Not much help unless you already have the S-rockers, and finding these is harder than finding S-cams :/

·
Senior Narcissista
5,767 Posts
I may recall that wrong indeed, 749S and 749R + 999R 05 up it is, thanks!
I stumbled across it when fitting 749R cams into 999 heads, noticed that the bip 999 cams looked beefier than the 999R cams, so I tried fitting a bip cam with those rockers, and ended up with something on par with the 1098R cam lift and duration.

·
Senior Narcissista
5,767 Posts
Well I ordered some 1098 cams just to settle my curiosity! If it works, it works, either way I'm interested in some 999S cams. At the weekend I was explaining to a mate about another project that got sabotaged by covid. I bought an ST4S engine from a comrade in the UK. It's FINALLY here in Norway. The plan is to pull it to pieces and machine the swinging arm bosses to match my 748 frame, rebuild it with the usual work on the squish, cam timing and porting along with some reworked injector bodies (S4RS with pico injectors, either 4 or 12 holes) and build a hybrid wiring loom to use the 59M brain. He said "You would be just as well taking that racing with all the bits you have for it". Some people really know how to spoil your day! It's going to be a busy winter.
I couldnt descipher this part from norwegian to english with my swedish language set :) : He said "You would be just as well taking that racing with all the bits you have for it" Kan jag få det i rå norsk så fixar jag det säkert !
You could have had a couple of 1098 heads I swapped for part of a mapping job, with a noble goal I'd give them away.
Heads are up for grabs with proper motivation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts